13 | Playing Games

PLAYING GAMES

PLAYING GAMES

A/N: hope u enjoy, don't forget to comment, love u 💓 ps: unedited

BRENDAN's POV

✘✘✘

PRESSING MY HANDS on the motor's accelerator, I watch from afar, on the other side of the road, Evren's body reluctantly entering her back vehicle, always checking her surroundings looking for something suspicious.

My hamlet fits perfectly inside the corners of my shaped head, although I'm starting to get annoyed about the few drops of rain that lend on the exact spots to block my viewsight.

Am I regretting my decision to join forces with someone I've never had contact before? Probably. I'd be an hypocrite if I said I trust Maddox by now. I need to know her better, her personality traits, intentions and how much effort is she welling to put on this.

I can say though she has determination. Whatever side she decides to take, I bet this girl isn't going to quit that easily, by the way she moves her lips without showing any signs of anxiety or how her brown confident eyes penetrate mine without glancing away, she has my full attention now.

I don't trust her yet, but I do hope we can be allies. It's weird enough to have to stare at someone whom you've have a lot in common, and yet never met. It's weird enough to sympathize with a stranger who dislikes the inner circle members just as much as I do. It fucked me the hell up to barely recognize her existence, knowing my best friend lied to me for years.

I am still disappointed, fuck, I felt betrayed. Why wouldn't he just mention he had another close friend as I was, why the need to lie about a girl? Although I can't quite comprehend the circumstances and Colber's reasons behind Evren's mystery, something told me I had my one shot here.

Either way, getting closer to her is only going to provide me some new answers, which is everything I look for right now.