10 | The Funeral, Part II: A Reason

THE FUNERAL, Part II: A REASON

A/N: don't forget to vote and comment❤️ this one's sad...😭

AUTHOR's POV

✘✘✘

HER LONG STEPS on the grass were silent but determined. The look of exhaustion on her face was permanent and it was impressive how she could handle hiding it from the world when she wanted to.

Evren's stunning, clean features were replaced by almost lifeless, obscure ones, adding the stress she was on.

Going to her best friend's funeral was certainly not something she was hoping for, especially at such a young age.

Amidst the ridiculous conspiracy speculations Colber always had a thing for, he laughed at a young Evren when she said she felt like she could be the one from the two to die first.

"No way, you like to put yourself in the worst situations ever but you always get through everything, you're a survivalist Evren, unlike everyone I've met before", he told her back then.

Maybe, she thought for a second, he could be right. It was true she loved adventures, craved for adrenaline and wicked experiences.
All in all, a ride-or-die type of kid who loved what triggered her mind and body.

Colber used to say she was too crazy about solving mystery puzzled documentaries, always trying to keep up with every little sign or detail.

But now, she found herself hating the fact that she might just be in middle of one too. An extremely real one. And oh boy, she was scared.

Wearing a long black t-shirt with a pair of black ripped jeans and grey old trainers, she moved her heavy body alongside the pavement. Her head was touching the side of the backpack, leaving her to realise how tired she was from walking.

A sigh left her mouth once her eyes opened to catch a glimpse at the great amount of people reunited together forming a circle.

Taking a couple of steps ahead, she decided to stop next to a wide tree, hiding herlsef while curving her body for her but to touch the floor. She took off her backpack and a blue notebook.

Watching the scene from afar, her wide orbs observed how every single person was standing up, all wearing black clothes, as if there were hundreds of ants looking for a place to start their next home.
But no, unfortunately, we were talking about a human's burial.