We only own our hells

Începe de la început

"If you can't handle the pressure, tell the lawyer.  My parents found the best prosecutor out there and they found a good lawyer for you that has dealt with people with anxiety disorders,"  Roman told me.  "And you want to know what your dad has?  A crappy court appointed lawyer.  You're going to win this case no matter what."

"And than what do I do?"  I asked.

"You get your house.  You get to be free.  Quinn will move in with you and things will start getting better."  He said.  "And you'll never have to see that douche bag again."

I nodded a bit. Taking deep breaths, I allowed Roman to lead me back out of the bathroom. Everyone was standing there, giving me worried looks.

I could tell that Quinn was terrified to be here.  He hasn't let got of Evan and Damien since we arrived.  I told him he didn't have to come and risk an episode but he said he wanted to be here for me. 

"Are you okay?" Damien asked, quickly walking over to me.  He was followed by Evan and Quinn. 

"I'll be fine," I whispered, my voice incredibly shaky.

"Hey, it's okay," Damien told me. "I was in this same position a few years ago. Trust me, you're going to be fine. They aren't going to do anything to you except ask you a few questions and they might have you testify against him. But you literally just have to sit their and let the lawyers handle it."

"I second that, also with personal experience,"  Quinn mumbled. 

"I'm still scared," I admitted.

"It's gonna be okay," Patton said, walking over and pulling me into a hug. Emile and Evan followed in suit. I hugged them all back gratefully.

"There's no way logically possible that you can loose this case," Logan added while walking over.

"And then you'll be free," Remy told me. "And you won't have to see that dick again."

"Thank you guys," I mumbled, smiling weakly at them.

"C'mon, the trial is about to start," Damien said, motioning to the clock.

We all headed down the hallway towards the court room assigned to my dad's case. Roman's parents were standing outside the door. They looked worried.

I had to take multiple deep breaths before walking into the room. I had to pause, overwhelmed by the sheer size of this place.

"It'll be okay," Roman whispered to me, squeezing me hand a bit.

I nodded and walked forward. I was directed up into the front and sat at a small table. My lawyer was already there. She started asking me all sorts of questions.

We talked for a bit but then an officer walked out of a door up by the judges chair. My breath caught in my throat.

"All rise for the Judge," He called out before standing next to the chair.

A mean looking woman walked out in a black judges cloak. Her black hair was pulled back in a strict bun. Her face remained completely blank. She sat down at her chair and opened a binder.