Ch-31 When the die is finally cast...

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                                       -Aameen.

Dedicated to my every reader and their beautiful Duas… ❤️

Chapter Thirty-One

When the die is finally cast…

Chennai, India

The sturdy, tall trees surrounding the Masjid welcomed the cool, fresh air of the early morning as it rustled and murmured among their leaves to shake and wake.

Then moving gently, it whispered and sprinkled dewy drops upon the nodding flowers, nudging them to rise and bloom, for another beautiful morning has come – and while the birds chirped or sang gaily praising their Lord, the sunny yellow ball was an enchanting beauty to behold in the blue-grey heavens as it rose amidst a splash of deep purple that soon mellowed into soft lavender and within seconds turned into ravishing pink.

The young man, who was leaning casually from the cold stone balustrade of the Masjid’s balcony after Fajr Salah, was gazing at the display of superb play of colours changing in a matter of seconds and wondered Who but Al Musawwir (The Fashioner)  alone could paint such magnificent sunrises every single day, yet no day resembled another of before.

To Saif, this breath-taking sight seemed to evoke the memory of another beautiful sunrise that he had watched together with his younger sister from a cruise ship not a month back.

The dark eyes softened and his lips curved into a tender smile as his mind seemed to recall her sweet words that she had said in her melodious voice, her eyes literally clinging to the sight of mesmerizing dawn breaking upon the majestic sea in a beauty that made one thank the Lord fervently just for allowing to watch it…

I like night more than dusk Saif Bhaiya and dawn more than night. For dawn, Dawn is Allah SWT’s one of the most beautiful blessings. It is His sign of Hope, of Light, of Truth, of Beauty, of the Knowledge that He has granted yet another day for you to repent!

It is His way of showing that He loves us still, if only we would care to see, if only we would remove the veil of our heart by shedding a tear in His remembrance.

I love dawn, for dawn comes after we repent. The ever-spreading Noor and beauty of dawn are the repenter’s gift –dispelling the darkness from their heart and soul, for those who repent are those who love Him…they are humbled by His Mercy –His Glorious Magnificence! And their hearts are torn in delight at the knowledge that HE loves them in return!         

Saif closed his eyes with a long sigh and wondered perhaps for the thousandth time in his life how he had been blessed by such a sister as Humaira. He was not surprised that he could remember her every word, for they had become etched into his heart, the way words do when others speak from their own heart…

One memory of the cruise led to another and another and before he knew, the carefully guarded chamber in his heart was open and in front of his eyes, he saw Maryam again… Saif knew it was folly to dwell upon her yet now in the lightening dawn, he simply stood there like one who had been cast a spell, the dark eyes becoming oblivious to the beauty of the heavens and earth, for they were gazing upon her beauty.