Ch-8 Madness + Love + Waves = Total ...?

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                      -Aameen.

Dedicated to Faiza Hussain and her baby girl ;)

Chapter Eight

Madness + Love + Waves = Total …?

Chennai, India

It was past six in the morning and the vast sky towards the east adopting the role of a pretty, exacting woman changed from one dainty coloured robe to another giving a treat to the eyes as it transformed from deep blush to soft pink to caressing lilac to sweet blue while the magnificent sun sedately spread its golden rays.

Down on earth, a slim lark having had a juicy worm for breakfast landed gracefully upon the branch of a Mango tree. Suddenly as if remembering its filled tummy, it burst into loud melodious praise glorifying the Creator. It finally paused and somewhere nearby another lark began softly. Thus, from all the surrounding trees, a melodious concert of glorying praise began in full sway.

 When our lark’s turn came again, it puffed its chest and opened its beak to begin yet the next second it paused blinking its beady eyes and cocked its head to one side curiously as if listening. For it had heard the sweet voice of someone glorifying the Praise of Lord in a different tone yet after some moments the lark grudgingly admitted it was more melodious than its own praise!

Upon the terrace in a far corner under the canopy of the branches of the same Mango tree, Humaira sat facing the Qiblah with her eyes closed softly reciting Surah Yaseen. It was her voice that the lark above paused and heard. And what it listened to so curiously was,    

“…Ava lam yaral insaanu annaa khalaqnaahu minn nuthfatiin fa idhaa huwa khaseemum mubeen.

(Does not man see that We have created him from Nuthfah [semen drops]. Yet behold! He stands forth as an open opponent.)

Wa dharaba lanaa masalaw wanasiya khalqah. Qaala mayyuhyil ‘Izaama wahiya rameem. 

(And he puts forth for Us a parable, and forgets his own creation. He says: “Who will give life to these bones after they are rotten and have become dust?”)

Qul yuhyeehal ladhii annsha Ahaa awwala marrah. Wa huwa bi kulli khalqinn ‘Aleem.

(Say: [O Muhammed S.A.W] “He (Allah!) will give life to them Who created them for the first time! And He is the All-Knower of every creation!”)

Nilladhi ja ‘ala lakum minashajril Akhzari naarann fa izhaa annthum minhu tuuqidoon.

(He Who produces for you fire out of the green tree, when behold! You kindle therewith.)

Awa laisal ladhi khalaqas samaawaati wal ardha bi qaadirinn ‘alaa ainn yakh luqa mislahum. Balaa, wa Huwal Khallaaqul ‘Aleem.

(Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth, Able to create the like of them? Yes Indeed! He is the All-Knowing Supreme Creator.)

Inna maa amruhuu idhaa araada shai ann aiyyaquula lahu kunn fayakoon.