Chapter twenty one: The devil's true form

Start from the beginning

"You two, come with me," Lucifer demanded to two demons currently slicing up a tainted soul in a torture chamber. The two demons' mouths gaped open as they saw their leader in his true form with a choking human being towed by his throat behind him.

When Lucifer had passed the door, the demons turned to each other, "I told you he was going to recognise our work some time!" They instantly set off to follow their lord (much to the soul's relief), not wanting to piss him off. They were filled with anticipation, hoping they would get to torture the human in the presence of Lucifer, but they were also nervous; they knew the risk even if they were in no position to decline.

Like two excited schoolboys, the demons followed silently and stared curiously at the red-faced boy. He must've really fucked up to get himself into this position.

They entered the grand torture chamber that only Lucifer himself used when he felt the need to torture somebody. Usually the demons did all of that type of work, which was why he snatched two of them up; they would have great and useful ideas.

Lucifer dragged him into the middle of the room and dumped the human to the ground. "Tie him up," he ordered. The two demons immediately got to work, tying the boy to the wall in a cross with expertise. Kevin's ragged breath was the only thing to be heard but when he noticed Lucifer picking up a knife from a whole assortment of different tools, he began pleading for his life, "Please don't hurt me, I haven't done anything wrong!"

The devil grabbed a fork and slammed it into his thigh, causing the human to scream out in pain. "You will speak when spoken to!"

Lucifer sat down in a chair facing the tied up boy, assessing the human who looked absolutely petrified. Any confidence he had before was completely gone now. "How did you get into Jeremy's bedroom?" He asked. Kevin didn't answer and spat on the ground, mere inches away from hitting Lucifer's shoes. He growled and motioned for the demons with his hand, "Don't hold back." Both of them beamed, "Yes, sir!" One demon grabbed the fork and twisted it until it was scraping against his bone. The bloodcurdling scream was nothing but an encouragement to the three men who looked on with greed. "Okay! Okay stop!"

Lucifer nodded and the demon stopped immediately. "Talk," he demanded, not letting the boy regain his breath. "I don't know how!" The other demon slammed a hobby knife into his other thigh without being told, "Please, I'm telling the truth!"

"I just—" Kevin took in a large gulp of air, ignoring the pain in his thighs and the rope stinging his wrists. "I just woke up there. The last thing I remember is being in Heaven. The angels were mad about something but I honestly didn't care so I went to sleep, and the next thing I know, I'm getting threatened and beaten!"

Lucifer's head and neck twisted in an inhumane way—the demons looked on with fascination while the human tried to disappear into the wall. "Don't you dare make yourself look innocent."

"But I am," he pleaded immediately. "Why did you murder Jeremy then?"

The human's eyes widened, finally connecting the dots, "I didn't!" Lucifer rolled his eyes, "Strangle him but don't let him pass out." The demons looked at their options and one quickly chose some barbwire, it was clear that Lucifer wanted to rain hell down on him, so they had no issues with following his wishes. Kevin was about to protest when the barbwire pierced his skin and closed off his airways. His wrists ached from trying to escape but it was futile and his energy quickly disappeared.

Only when he had turned blue, did the demons rip the wire away, causing the flesh to rip apart and blood to flood out. "Now let's try that again." The devil's fingers ached to rip his throat out but he needed to pluck his head from information if he wanted to find his human. Kevin gasped for breath, tears streaming down his face. "I didn't have a choice," he cried. This peaked the devil's attention, "What do you mean?"

"God forced me to."

Everybody's attention in the room immediately turned fully to the human—even the demons who had no idea what was going on. Lucifer hummed as his mind connected the final pieces. God made Kevin kill the innocent human and then convinced the Three Deciders to cast Jeremy to Hell as a gift for Lucifer, and they therefore sent his murderer to Heaven to balance the scale. This seemed to be too much for God when Kevin kept causing issues, and considering the peace offering didn't work, God now wanted everything to be as it originally should have been.

In other words: Jeremy was in Heaven where he belonged.

"You're still a bad person. It has been made clear several times that you don't belong in Heaven, so tell me, human, what did you do?"

Kevin looked around, trying to escape the condescending stares. "I—" He hesitated. "I sold drugs on the street." Lucifer eyed him, examining his features closely, "There's something you're not telling me."

The human stared into the ground. "I kidnapped my girlfriend's side hoe when she broke up with me for another guy."

"And what did you do with him?"

"Why should I tell you? This isn't some church confession."

"You're going to live a very long and miserable life no matter what you say," Lucifer replied calmly. It wasn't exactly unusual to have unruly and criminal humans here. Kevin grunted and spat out, "I cut him into pieces while he was still alive. You should have heard his screams, it was pitiful." He laughed sadistically. Lucifer fully understood why God had no success with changing Kevin for the better; he was a lost cause.

"Take him to his personal hell room," Lucifer ordered. The demons nodded and tied the human down who slumped in their arms. Just before they left the room, the devil called out to them again, "Make sure you make him suffer."

The devil slumped into the uncomfortable wooden chair and chewed the inside of his lip, could he really be selfish enough to take Jeremy away from where he rightfully belongs?

A/N:
Hi! How are you?

Two chapters left! This book will be completed in the following week. I'm not sure when updates will be but the goal is Tuesday and Thursday x

I just want to thank you guys for sticking with my book, I quite honestly didn't expect people to stay for this long