24

Ian was still asleep as Mickey pried the red heads arms from his waist. He'd been here all night with Ian. Careful not to wake him Mickey walked downstairs. Surprisingly is wasn't a chaos but is was quiet. Lip was the only one down there. He was just on his phone at the kitchen table.

"Hey." Lip said, not looking up from his phone. "Hey." Mickey responded.
There was no doubt this was awkward. Mickey and Lip aren't friends, they barely even knew each other.

Mickey went to the fridge and got out a beer. They were always well stocked of alcohol cause of Frank. Awkward silence filled the air as neither boys said anything. "What's wrong with him?" Mickey spoke up, interrupting the silence. He leaned back on the counter waiting for a response.

"Bipolar disorder, well at least we think but it's pretty obvious." Lip answered.

"What's that?"

"It's a disease that you can't control your emotions basically, either your super happy or super depressed." Lip got up from the table and went to fridge. He got out a beer, opened it, and joined Mickey by the counter. "Our mom has it."

"Oh."

"Yea."

"Is there's a cure or some shit to help him?" Mickey asked. His beer was empty but decided against going for another. "I don't know about a cure but there's pills." Lip answered.

"We get him to a doctor then."

"I already made the appointment." Lip threw his empty beer bottle into the trash can and walked out. Mickey knew Ian in this state would refuse to go the doctor, but he'd get him there even if he had to drag him by his feet.
He was his best friend and he'd do anything for Ian.

But he obviously wouldn't tell him that.