02

When Mickey arrived at school he saw Ian and Mandy waiting for him
on front of the steps.

"What took you so long Mick?" Mandy asked taking a drag of her cigarette.

"Well perfection takes time." Mickey smirked gesturing to himself.

"Ha ha, you look like you rolled out bed and grabbed whatever was on your floor" She said picking her book bag up and starting up the steps.

"Well I think you look great" Ian smiled, putting an arm around his shoulders in and leading him up the steps.

"Fuck off" Mickey grumbled, shrugging his arms off and following his sister.
***

Once 5th period was over it was time for Mickeys favorite part of the day,
Lunch. While he was walking to the cafeteria he realized he forgot his lunch money in his other jeans.
His first instinct was too shake down some freshman for the cash but he promised Ian he would try not to be such a dick this year.

He had no idea why he made that promise. The old Mickey would have just told him to fuck off cause he can do whatever wants but lately every time Ian wanted something he just couldn't say no and he had no idea why.

Ever since the beginning of the summer every time Mickey was around Ian he would start to get nervous or something, his palms would start to sweat, his heart would start racing every time Ian touched him. That stuff never happened around anyone else and again he had no idea why. He heard his sister talking to Ian about this happening to her when she was around a boy she liked but that was stupid. Mickey Milkovich did not have a crush on Ian Gallagher because 1) There was no chance in hell Mickey was gay and 2) Ian was his best friend. So maybe there was another reason.

Mickey didn't realize he was already at the cafeteria until he heard a familiar voice. "Hey Mick, over here!"
Mickey turned and saw Ian waving him over to where he and Mandy were sitting at a table in the corner.

"Hey fuckfaces" Mickey greeted plopping into the seat next to Ian.

"Hello asshole brother of mine how was your day?" Mandy asked leaning back in her chair with a scowl on her face.

"Great..." Mickey replied confused to her bad mood. "What up with her?" Mickey whispered to Ian in the chair best to him. Ian just shrugged taking another bite of his macaroni.

"So why didn't you get food?" Ian asked realizing Mickey had nothing in front of him.

"Forgot my lunch money."

"Oh well you could've asked I could've let you borrow some."

"Nah not that hungry."

Ian was about to reply when he saw him. Aiden Warren. One of the most popular and hottest guys in their school also Ian was 99% sure he was gay. Aiden was tall and muscular, he had emerald green eyes and brown shaggy hair and every girl drooled over him but he never payed any attention to them.

Mickey noticed his lack of words since Ian usually never shut the fuck up. He followed Ian's gaze to Aiden fucking Warren one of the most douchiest guys in school in Mickeys opinion. He always acted like he owned the joint, everyone always followed him around like damn puppy's, and worst of all Ian obviously had a huge crush on him and that put a weird feeling in the bottom of Mickeys stomach.

"Your drooling."

That snapped Ian out of his gaze and turned to Mandy who sat there with a smirk on her face. "I was not!" Ian said crossing his arms.

"You so were." Mandy chuckled "But at least you have good taste in men." Mandy said eyeing Aiden as he bent to pick something up off the floor.

Mickey scoffed and realized they both too busy to even notice so he decided to head to a class early since he was obviously not going to get their attention any time soon. "See you later..." Mickey tried

"Yea yea, see ya later mick..." Ian said not really paying attention except for the way too tight jeans on Aiden.
Mickey just rolled his eyes and walked out of the cafeteria to Chemistry.