Chapter 9: Whispers

{Please remember to vote}

Lily's P.O.V
Matthew lifted himself off of me and the cold hit me. I was really regretting wearing the dress.

Who was that girl that was talking behind the roses? She wanted to talk to me.

Not the good kind of talk either.

"I want to know who that girl was" my voice came off demanding.

If a girl wanted to talk and not in a nice way I want to get it over with. She must have some misunderstanding.

"Come on" Matthew said.

He walked out behind the Roses and I followed him.

"I'm going to show you around. Just as the Queen requested".

We walked for a while. The walls were covered with roses. Almost like a maze. I wouldn't be shocked if someone got lost in here.

I wasn't paying attention and ran into Matthew's back. He stopped moving.

"Hey!" I yelled.

He snickered.

"Look around you" he said.

I gasped. I was surrounded by beauty. Every hedge was fully bloomed of red roses and in the middle of it all was a large fountain with a statue of a woman weeping and holding a rose.

Black roses surrounded the base of the fountain. There was nothing you could do to reach it.

"It's beautiful"

"I know but there is better places." He whispered.

"What do you mean?" Matthew stayed silent. It wasn't for a while till he finally began to talk

" I have a favorite place. I'll show it to you someday. Come on."

Favorite place ? I wanted to know where it was.

What could be more beautiful then the weeping statue?
I followed beside Matthew instead of behind.

I didn't want to run into him again and other people from the court were staring.

"Where are we going now?"I ask.

"Well there is no time to actually look at and get you to the dinner and ready for your special guest so I'm taking you to your room" Matthew said.

"My room?"

"Yes Lily, your room. Where you sleep, dress, I don't know sing" Matthew smirked.

I could feel my face heat up. I looked down and he chuckled. I didn't want to go back to my room. It was lonely.

Sooner or later I was in front of my door once again. Matthew opened the door and went in first.

I followed behind. Once through he closed the door. I heard the lock click. I swirled around.

Did Matthew just lock me in here?! But he didn't. He was staring at me with his hand on the lock.

He lowered his hand and walked towards me. What was he doing? He walked right past me and into the bedroom.

Why was he going in there? I walk to the door and hesitate before I walked in.

I walked in and I find Matthew kicked back an laying on the bed. The bed seemed to swallow him up.

You could point him out anywhere. Everything in here was a white vanilla color and he was wearing all black.

"Why are you staring at me when you should be getting ready"

I jerked my heads toward him .

"Excuse me, your in my room!"

"So?"

"So! How am I going to get ready while you're here!"

"You have a bathroom the size of a house. You'll be fine. Hurry up we don't have a lot of time."

I stormed off into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. You could hear the soft chuckle of the boy in the next room.

I walked to the massive mirror and looked at myself. What was I supposed to do.

I don't feel like changing clothes so I'll just keep on the dress. As long as my vans.

I could probably do something better with my hair. I looked around for a hair curler and eventually found something that looked similar to it.

I also found a drawer filled with make up. I applied a light pink lipstick and some mascara.

When I finished I was proud of myself. After everything I've been through I looked ok.

I kept messing with my hair until I heard a knock on the door.

"Lily hurry up. We have to leave now. Why do girls take so long to-" I opened the door & Matthew stopped talking.

His eyes melted to a dark brown and his eyes grazed over me. I felt a weird tingle and my cheeks began to heat up.

"You were saying" I pushed past Matthew.

Matthew coughed and when he spoke it came out rough.

"Let's go."

He was outside the bedroom and walked into the entry way.

We walked out together and we headed to the meeting room. Or whatever that is.

We stopped in front of two black doors. This is it.

I would see my mother and she would tell the Queen that she was my mother and we all leave together.

That my father is dead and that the Queen was wrong.

"You're ready?" Matthew asked.

I nodded. Matthew pushed opened the doors and we walked in. The room was covered in pitch black.

Only one window that reached the ceiling to the floor. There was no furniture inside the room beside a chandelier dangling from the ceiling and a massive white table.

And there, two people sat at the table. My knees we staring to go numb and my vision started to blur.

It was the Queen and my mother. It would be something I would love to sketch but there would be one thing wrong with this picture.

My mother was smiling.

AN// please remember to vote!
-omg today has been going by so slow but anyways EXPECT MORE MAGCON BOYS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!
-If you can guess which guy it is I'll put you in the AN for the next chapter! (First one to say it gets it)
Hint: Brown hair, strong jawline, brown eyes.
-DONT FORGET TO VOTE- tysm guys. <333