Whispers: Chapter 20

(The Picture is what Eliza looks like in his minature form)

Lily’s P.O.V

            A rush of wind hit me and I shuddered into Matthew’s arm. The sweater I was wearing was apparently not enough. “Are you cold?” “I’m fine.” “You probably wouldn’t be cold if you were proper clothes” he pointed out. “Hey, don’t tell me what I can and cannot wear.” I snap at him.

There was a comfortable silence between us as we got to the metal doors that Carter was hopefully in. Part of me was hoping he was inside so we can get this over with but the other part was dreading it. Going face to face with a vampire. No.

            We stopped in front of the doors. Matthew pushed the door with his other hand. “Wait!” I grabbed his arm away from the door. He stopped moving and looked down at his arm that I was gripping on. “What’s the problem Lily?” he laughed. “Do you…you know...” I moved my free hand in the air and point at the door.

 He smirked at me “Deal with what Lily?” “You know...” He leaned in my face. “Vampires.” He whispered. I jerked my head back. “Yes.” I snapped. “And stay away from my face. You do that a lot” He shrugged and laughed.

            He pushed open the door. He tugged on his arm that I was still gripping on. “Come on” He tugged again and I followed him inside. It was all darkness. No light or anything. The light from the outside was the only light.

            Matthew pulled me in and let the door shut behind us. I shrieked. We were covered in blackness. I lifted my hand but couldn’t see it. I scooted closer to Matthew. A soft tapping came from the far end. “Matthew why aren’t there any light.” “Carter stop playing around”. There was a laugh at the far end of the room. Then I heard footsteps. Then nothing. I tugged on Matthew’s arm again. “Why isn’t he turning the lights on?” A breeze went by and I shivered. Then felt a tug on my hair. I shrieked and practically jumped into his arm.

             I felt Matthew turn and felt him put his arm out and the other holding me on his opposite side. The lights flickered on. Carter was staring at me smirking. Matthew had his arm wrapped around me and I was scared out of my mind. “What a pleasant surprise we have” carter placed his hands out in front of him. “Stop looking at her like that” Matthew spat.

            Carter straightened and walked a circle around us. “Interesting.” He continued his walk around. “You protect her as something else” he continued. “Stop playing around with us came here to talk” “about what if I may ask?” “You know.” Matthew responded.

            “Shame. No play at least Lily”. Carter smirked. Matthew sneered and his grip got tighter. “Carter we came to talk” I said. “She finally talks” he replies. Matthew’s grip on his arm didn’t waver. I placed both of my hands on his arm. He was flexing. My arms were small on his arms.

            “Why are you following me” “Following you? You came to me?” he smirked. Matthew still hasn’t said anything. Eliza was gone. Again. “At the school” I snapped. He as playing around. I can tell why Matthew was mad. “What at the school?” he smirked. He was going to make me say it. I didn’t want to say it. “Why are you so ughhh” “Ughh?” He asked mockingly. I glared at him. “You won’t be training with Lily.” Matthew said. He was silent the whole time.

 “What do you mean” Carter looked up at Matthew finally. I looked up at Matthew. “What?” “The Queen decided that Kierran would be her trainer. She dismissed Lily of being part human. Not full fey.” Carter’s smirk fell. “We’re leaving” Matthew turned around and headed for the door. My arm still around his. Full fey? What was he talking about? “I’m not finished with you yet Espinosa” carter sneered. “Today we are.” And we walked out of the room