Whispers chapter: 25

Lily's P.O.V

I was in a room filled with light. Everything was a blinding light. "Hello?" Nothing. I walk into the empty white.

I've been walking for hours, I still see nothing. I sank to the ground. I was tired and hungry. Was this real? It couldn't be. A soft hum came from afar. It sounded familiar but I don't know where. I follow the sound. A black lump is in the distance, the humming louder as I approach it.

I stop in front of the lump. The humming is no longer loud but a faint whisper. I bend down to look at the lump. It was covered in plastic. My insides froze. This was the shape of a body. Memories flooded into me. That song. That was my lullaby.

I ripped the bag off knowing what I would see. My heart dropped, I sank to the ground. It was my mom. I lifted her onto my lap and caressed her head. I wiped her hair away from her face. She was bleeding. I didn't notice from before.

"What happened to you?" I whisper. She blinks at me and tries to say something. "Help me" blood splattered out of her mouth and over me. She went still. "Mom! Mom!No please!"I shake her trying to wake her up. "What happened!". My vision started to go black. "No, no, this isn't real" and I was gone.

I jerked up from my bed. I scan my room. It's still dark. I look to my side. It was empty. I thought he was here? Or was that part of the dream too? The other side was neatly folded and untouched. A shadow moves through the front of the room towards the window. "Matthew?" The shadow yanks the window curtain open. The light hits my face.

I rolled over and fell off the bed. "Wake up sleeping beauty" he grinned. I groaned. Of course it was just a dream. Matthew would never do that, especially without making fun of me. I rubbed my face and pulled my hair to the side. Matthew came across the room and sat on the side of the bed looking down at me.he was trying hard not to laugh.

I was sprawled in the floor. I criss-crossed my legs & crossed my arms. "What?" I demand. "You" he tries to hold his laughter in. I stood up and faced him."What's so funny?" "Your attitude" he couldn't stop grinning. He lifted his hand and poked my nose. I scowled at him. I should punch him in the nose.

Let's see if he is still laughing. I let out a huff I wasn't going to hit him. I crossed my arms again. "Fine" I huffed and turned to walk away. I felt his hands wrap around me waist and pull me on the bed. "Hey let me go" . I did not expect that. I struggle to get out of his grip. "You're so tense. You need to relax" he laughed. I pushed against him and he leaned off of me. He stated at me. Then he smirked. Uh oh, this was not good.

He lunged himself at me and began to tickle me. "Matthew stop!" I squealed under him. I couldn't stop laughing. He sat on top of me. "Matthew! I need to breathe" I bucked under him to get away. He stopped and got off. I was laying panting for dear life. That was fun, really fun. The best fun since I've been here. He layed beside me grinning. "Feel better princess" I scowled at him. I wonder if he has tickles? Only one way to find out. I lunged put at him and he caught me around my waist holding me on him. I began to tickle him. He just stared at me with a bemused smile. " oh come on, you're not ticklish! That's not fair!" He busted out laughing. His body vibrated under mine. His hands warm against my waist.

I looked outside the window. The sun was rising. I looked down at Matthew to find him starting at me. I was still on him. I shifted and his grip tightened. "Matthew" I whispered. He leaned upwards towards me. If Matthew wasn't holding me I would have fell off. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my neck. "Matthew?" I asked shocked. I didn't move. "You scared me you know?" He speaks into my neck, I shiver. His body pressed against mine.

"What are you talking about?"
"In the classroom"
Then it hit me. I fainted, I've been doing that a lot lately. I was twirling my fingers in his hair. I haven't noticed the length of it till now. He looked up at me. "What's wrong?" I've been silent for a while. " I don't know".

He pushed my hair from the side and brought it to the front. "I like it out" he sighed. His hands trailed down my arms. My hands were still in his hair. He stared at me and a flush of heat swept through my body. He leaned forward. I closed my eyes. I his breath near mine and I sucked my breath in. A loud knock on the outside door jolted me out of my frenzy and I was in the floor again. Matthew groaned and laid back against the bed. I felt my cheek burn with embarrassment. At least he going to kiss me. "Hey! Lily its me Natalie!". I imagined myself kicking her. A moment ruined, I paused, if Matthew was with her why would he try to kiss me? I groaned in confusion. I got off the floor and went to the door. I let Natalie in. "Hey! Kierran wants you to meet him at the place you trained yesterday. Hey Matty!" She pushes through the four and hugs him.

I felt anger and jealousy. " I was just telling Lily about where her and Kierran are gonna meet" she smiled. "Yah, I'm just gonna go" I say awkwardly and back away from the door. Matthew looked at me and frowned. " wait for me Lily" " no it's okay" I put my hands out " I'm just gonna go. Don't want Kierran to be mad. You know how he can be" I have a light laugh and headed out. Eliza appeared next to me.

"The nature lady found some very interesting news I think you'll like " he says.

I look up at Matthew and Natalie, still in my room. She was smiling at Eliza. "I have Eliza also, do what you were gonna do before" I say and left the room.

"What news?" I ask as I follow Eliza.
" I think you'll like to hear for yourself"
"What about training with Kierran?"
"You have trainings with him every night and day, he'll live"

I follow Eliza to Mr.Rives. She had her nose in a book. She looked up when I walked in. "Eliza brought me" she walks up to me. " I know a way to help keep Eliza self." She says "How?" She pauses then looks at me. "Eliza has already agreed to it but we just need you to agree. You would do anything for Eliza right?"
"Of course! I would do anything."
"I've found a spell" she stops and looks at me. I was confused a spell? " a spell?"
"Yes, a spell. A spell that connects the tether between your spirit animal and you. You can contact the animal anytime you want, hear what they hear, and see through their eyes." "Okay? What do I have to do,"
"Nothing really, I'm making the potion now all you have to do is drink."
"And this will help Eliza?"
She went to her desk and pulled out a flask. She mixed some herbs from her desk and brought it over.
"This is the last of it. You need to drink all of it" she pressed the small vile in my hands. I looked at it then Eliza. He lifted his paws in a shrug.

I opened the clasp and brought it to my lips. It has a horrifying smell to it that made me gag. This was for Eliza it would make him stronger. It would make me stronger.

I looked at Eliza once more and swallowed the liquid inside. I felt really hot. " what's happening to me?" I look for Eliza but he is gone. Mrs.Rivers was looking at me. She came at me " it's okay , it's okay this is supposed to happen, you're going to feel a little pain that's all but you'll be knocked out for the most of it. I've put sedatives in it to lessen the pain"

I felt a blob of fur in my hands. Eliza curled around the curve of my stomach. I relaxed but still felt the tiny pinch of pain. My eyes became heavy and I drifted off.