Whispers chapter: 31

Lily's P.O.V

"Why are we going to Carter's place out of all places?" I ask as Matthew leads me out of the room through the back and start the path unknown to me. Matthew was stiff and clenching his jaw. "Don't worry I won't let anything happen."

I kept quiet and followed Matthew. We were in a different court yard filled with dark roses of purple, blue, black, and dead red. Unlike the courtyard with the pink roses. Every step we took towards the building ahead of the yard began to get darker. "Matthew.." he didn't turn around.

I looked around to my surroundings.  "Why is it still getting dark? It should still be day..." A shiver went through me. This place gave me the creeps.  We stopped by the massive building in front of us. It looked more like a church then a regular building.

 Something moved in the bushes beside us. I froze. "Shit" Matthew whispered. I didn't grab on to Matthew. I didn't want to seem scared or anything and also the fact that I was still glowing. "Come on." He said and opened the door. The door was massive and made no noise when the door was closed. We were surrounded by dark red lights. Silk curtains ran down from the walls and Victorian furniture everywhere. "What is this place?" I whispered.

Matthew only grunted. "Don't get to excited." And he started towards the double stairs. "Is this were Carter's stays?" He nodded. We walked down the long corridor. I heard a door open and say a girl come out. She was barely wearing any clothes.

 She had Dark hair that rain down her back. She smirked towards us. I looked at Matthew.  Matthew's face went deadly. "What's wrong?" I whispered.  She stalked towards us. "We should go" Matthew reached for my hand but quickly decided not to.

 I followed Matthew down the hall. I felt a breeze whip past me that made my hair blow. A blur went past me. The girl with barely any clothing was in front of us. I shrieked. "How the hell?" I looked behind me then back towards the girl. I looked around Matthew she was smirking at him. She was pretty. All of the girls I have met here were extremely pretty.

 Matthew's face was stone. He was glaring at the girl with daggers. I wouldn't want him to ever look at me like that.  "Who ar-"

"No." Matthew cut me off. "Um, excuse you." I began.

"Yah Matthew excuse you. Not gonna say hi at least. So rude." I looked at her.

She was still staring at Matthew. "Lets go Lily."

"But-" I began but the girl cut me off.

"Why tell the girl what to do Matthew? Shouldn't she decided what she wants to do or stay?" She winked at me. She stepped closer to me. Matthew came between me and the girl.

 "leave.Now." He said looking down at the girl. 

"But I just wanna play" she purred and looked at me.

A noise came from behind. The door from before opened again but this time a guy came out. His hair was shaggy and black. He was shirtless and his black jeans hung low on his hips. He looked up towards me. Then he was gone. He blurred in front of me.

I let out a shriek. "and who are you little lady?" he smirked. He towered over me. I felt my cheeks heat up. Matthew swirled and grabbed my hand. I heard the sizzle when he grabbed me.

 He dragged me away from the boy. The boy had a grin on his face.  "Long time no see Matt." He said while looking at me. "we are leaving."

Matthew pushed me in front of him. His jaw was clenched. "Why are you trying to ditch so fast?" he was in front of me again. I stopped. The girls came up beside Matthew and ran her hand down his arm. I felt my body tense. Matthew jerked his arm away from her.