whispers chapter 28

I headed towards Kierran’s cabin. Surprisingly I knew how to get there. Matthew stayed beside me. I am still angry at Matthew. So I decided not to talk to him. I see why he was angry about me being gone but that wasn’t completely my fault. And is something I do not regret.

Eliza was on my body, safer than anywhere else at least. I still don’t know why Amelia is so cold hearted. I understand that her powers can be freaky, the snakes could’ve done it for me but everyone deserves a friend regardless. Kierran’s cabin comes into view.

I let out a sigh I’ve been holding in. I walk up the front steps of the porch and knock on the door. It is silent nothing. I knock on the door again. Nothing. Matthew walks to the door and bangs on it.

“Hey Kierran!”. The door swung open, revealing a shirtless Kierran. “Matthew” he smirks. Of course. Why is it that everything I do no one acknowledges? I grunted and looked away from both of them while they talked.

            I looked out across the front of the cabin. It was completely covered by trees? You couldn’t even see the Palace.  Why did Kierran like to be so secluded? I doubt he would answer me. A cough came from the door and Matthew was gone. Of course, he always disappeared.

Kierran stared right at me. “We need to start you training, its gonna be a long night since you’ve missed two trainings.” I nod. “Where is Matthew?” I ask. “He left a couple of minutes ago.”

            A couple of minutes ago? “That’s not possible, we just got here.” I state while I follow Kierran behind his cabin and start the trail to the gym.  “You were spaced out I guess. You were just staring out in the font and Matthew said he would be here to get you after practice.”. We walked in complete silence after that.

            ---

The gym finally came into view. Kierran unlocked the doors and we walked in. He let the doors shut and darkness covered us. I heard Kierran walk farther and farther away. I stood there till he turned the lights on.

I wonder what we were going to do today, hopefully something fun. Kierran disappeared into the little room in the back and came out with two long sticks and a stop watch. I hated the stop watch, I didn’t feel like running. Hopefully we would be sparring first.

            “You’re running.” He simply states. “Why can’t we do the things with the sticks first?”

“Because you need to warm up. Now go.” I sigh and find the trail I usually run.

---

After the twentieth lap is when Kierran stopped me. I bent over my knees and tried to catch my breath. God, this was bad. I was sweaty and my legs burned. I saw two feet in front of me.

“Stand straight, it’s not good for the blood to flow to your head all at once.” “Yah, well just give me a minute” I say between breaths. I felt a pinch against my back. I jerked up. Kierran hit me with one of the sticks. “What was that for!”

“You need to stand straight. You didn’t listen to me saying it so I put action to my words.”  

“Well I’m up know.” I growled at him. “Good.” He smirked and through one of the sticks towards me. It caught me off guard and it fell. I snatched it up and glared at him. His face was amused. “Outside.” He says and heads for the doors. I follow behind him.

“We are gonna play a game.” He says as the door to the gym closes behind me. “It’s called letoy. The rules are simply” he turns to me before he continues.

“This game has to have at least two players, which is you and me. The object of the game is to not let the other hit you with the stick. The woods is our playground.” I gape at him. “How in the world am I supposed to hit you?”