Whispers chapters 32

[3rd Point of view ]

"Why in the world is this happening?" she placed her head in her hands. Apparently the blazing burn didn't affect her. Lily couldn't handle this much longer, all of these strange things happening to her. To make matters even worse she was home sick. Badly. She missed Carly.

Her best friend was probably terrified. A warm hand was on her back. She stiffened. "It's going to be okay." Matthew's touch sent pleasant shivers down her body.

Anytime he touched her she felt unbalanced and as if there was nothing in this world could see them. Then it was gone. She looked over at the boy. He was shaking his hand off.

"How is it going to be okay?" she whispered."We'll figure it out." He responded.

The door that Carter followed the assassin swung open. Carter walked out. Lily scooted back against the couch. Matthew stood up and stepped in front of Lily when Carter stared at her. The assassin came behind him. She leaned up against the wall. "This is the weapon?" she asked Carter looking at Lily.

"Weapon?" Lily's heart began to race. Carter grinned at her. "Our little princess has a surprise." Carter pointed too Lily.

"Would you please move and let Lily talk" he glared at Matthew. Matthew shifted and crossed his arms. The muscle in his arms and back flexed and was visible in the v-neck he was wearing. "Depends, what you plan on talking about." He sneered.

"Not like I'm going to do anything in front of the lady." Lily was flustered was he talking about her. All to suddenly Carter answered her question.

 "You're quiet lovely princess but my lady I was talking about is-" he nodded his head towards the assassin. "Maggie?" Carter took his hand out and beckoned for the assassin to come to him. She didn't come.

She laughed. "Don't get ahead of yourself." She moved Carter's hand away and walked towards Matthew. "Can I see it?" she asked him. Matthew raised an eyebrow. "See what?" Lily asked."exactly what do you want to see?" his animosity for Carter was beginning to show.

 "The Byakko." Maggie was starting to get agitated. She desperately wanted to see if Lily was the real deal. If she did have a byakko this could change everything. She would be free and she would be able to search for what she desperately wanted. "No."

"Hey I am right here. I can say and do what I want Matthew" Lily was disputatious. She hated when people were talking about her and someone else responded for her.

She was about to turn seventeen. She was practically on her own. She didn't like when someone spoke for her. It made her seem small and fragile. Something she did not want people to think, especially the queen's assassin.

 Lily stood up and stepped around Matthew. "Lily I don't think this is a great idea." Matthew whispered to Lily. She shrugged. She turned towards Maggie.

"Look, I'm sorry but I'm not showing you.""Oh you've got to be kidding me." Maggie glared daggers at Lily now. "Why not?"

"Because it's a part of me. Literally on me and I can't show you unless I take my close of which is not happening. You just have to trust that I have it."

"You've done the ritual?" Maggie's eyes widened. She glanced back at Carter then back to me. Maggie hope was rising up one again. She wanted to see the byakko. No she needed to see it. She had to be patient.

If Carter hadn't got her on his side she could tell the queen and they were both screwed. "Well everyone take a seat I have a feeling we are going to be here for a while." Carter sighed. He took a seat across the couch Matthew and Lily were sitting at.