Whispers

High School. Just those two words can put you in a bad mood. The only good thing is when you are a senior and thankfully this is my last year.My name is Lily Gray and I only live with my mom and little brother Joey.My dad left us and moved to who knows where. I have a cat named Perseus and I like to draw and spend my life away on my laptop. My social skills could use some help. I tend to keep to myself a lot so as you can tell I'm not very sociable. I have one friend that I can trust and her name is Carly. She is basically the only.....

Bzzzzzz

My phone goes of meaning I have to get ready for school. It's 7am but I've been up about an hour ago thinking. I only have 40 minutes to get ready. My mom lets me use her car on odd week days only when she doesn't have work. I go to the bathroom to take a quick shower and by the time I am out my mother is sitting on my bed.

"Well good morning sweetie" she says.

"Morning"

I go to my dresser to get my undergarments.

"Aren't you excited?" She practically squeals.

"About?"

"Senior year!"

"Oh yeah, totally mom"

I try to give her my best smile and walk into the bathroom to change.

"Well I have to go do my run see you when you get home".

I watch my mother leave and turn to my mirror to find an outfit laying across it. My mom still treats me like I'm in elementary school. She picked out a dark pair of skinny jeans with a big smiley face on it. I decide to wear it because it is cute and my mom has great taste in clothing. As I slip on the clothes I begin to pull my hair in a messy bun.

My hair reaches down my back so it pulls off the look I'm going for. I apply my makeup and curl my lashes. I put on my combat boots and a long necklace to finish my look.

I look cute. It is my typical August look. I look over at my phone and I'm ten minutes late. I quickly grab my bag and my books.

I race down the stairs and outside to my mom's car. I struggle to get in but I left them in the bowl by the door. 

In no time I'm in the car and heading to school. I pull into the school parking lot. I'm late so most of the spots are taken and I have to park in the back.I still have to buy a car pass. Just as I'm about to pull in a black hummer zips through and takes it.

"OH COME ON!"

I yell. I honk my horn and the driver sticks his head out. I can only see the back of his head as I pull out to find a new spot to park. After I found a spot to park I race inside. My hair breaks from its bun and is in black waves across my back. I'm late. I can't believe I'm late.Carly is going to yell at me. I have to go and......

I run into someone and my books fall to the ground and scatter.

"Oww"

I groan.

"Hey watch it" a guy says.

He is wearing black skinny jeans and a white v-shirt with a black jacket.His face is pretty.

" I.. I ...am sorry"I begin to stutter my words.

" Watch where you're going" a guy behind him calls out.

The guy with the pretty face is still staring at me. He locks his eyes with mine and I look down. I quickly get my stuff and walk to my class. As I'm walking the guy with the pretty face is still watching me and his friends are laughing.Probably at me. I look over my shoulder once more to see the guy with the pretty face but he is gone and so were his friends.

{ End of chapter 1 : starts off a little boring but you just needed to know the details about Lily to understand the story later on }