He picks the pan up and starts moving it forwards and backwards in the air, trying to wiggle the eggs and get them evenly cooked.

He flips them through the air and catches them skillfully back in the pan before winking at me.

Showoff.

"Can you grab the plates?" he shouts and I nod but he doesn't see it as he bobs his head to the music.

"You must not use this stove a lot," he tells me and I raise my eyebrows in question so he elaborates, "there's not any places that looks like it's ever even been on."

"What do you mean?"

He shrugs, "There's not the normal burn spot that stoves have where a pan got too hot and ruined the stove or anything. It looks brand new."

We've had that stove since we lived here. It's about fifteen years old and has definitely been used, maybe not everyday but it's been used throughout the years.

"Not everyone burns pans," I laugh, "some people can bake cookies without having random dogs concerned for their safety."

He looks at me with the hint of humor but keeps his mouth shut as he remembers that day. Sadie ran into his house to see what the smoke alarm was about.

It feels like that was so long ago. In a way, it was. Trace and I have grown so much closer since then and matured with each other.

The moment I looked over to see Trace standing in his kitchen with a frown, I was terrified. I didn't know him as well as I do now and I wasn't sure what to expect from him. Looking back on it now I know he wasn't judging me for the inconvenience my dog caused him.

After all that happened that night and he still offered me a ride home so that the random girl with a dog wouldn't be in any danger walking at night by herself.

"Not to pat myself on the back or anything but these eggs," he points to his plate with the fork he's holding, "are fantastic."

He unknowingly brings me out of my thoughts and slides me my plate to eat.

I take a bite and the taste surprises me. I thought they'd be good but I didn't think they'd be this good. All he did was make a plate of eggs and they taste like something from a professional Chinese restaurant.

For someone who almost burns the house down while trying to bake cookies, he knows how to cook eggs.

"You should live here and cook for me every morning," I say in between bites. I'm just joking of course... unless he'd actually do it?

"That'd never work," he laughs out, "your mom would kick me out the first night."

My mom absolutely loves him. Nothing he does could make her want him gone.

"What could you possibly do that'll make her kick you out?" I question in disbelief and he smirks.

"For starters you'd have to stop wearing outfits like that or I'd never be able to stay in my own room, assuming I have a room and we're not sharing yours." he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and I finally understand what he's getting at.

I look down at my outfit to see a pair of light blue pants with polka dots on them and a tight, red tank top.

"What's wrong with my outfit?"

He chuckles, "I'm doing everything I can to keep my eyes focused on your face," he must be able to see the confusion because he clears things up for me by adding, "pull your shirt up, Ems."

His words make me blush and I wiggle my head subtly to knock my hair out from behind my ear. It falls over my cheeks, hiding the redness of my face.