Jessie scoffed. "Yes mom."

I rolled my eyes. "Good."

I opened the door to the warehouse and walked in. A strong musk immediately hit my nostrils. "God damn. Some air freshener needs to be sprayed up in this bitch. Somebody open a window. I think I'm going to be sick."

I fanned the air with my hand.

Laughter erupted throughout the warehouse making me realize me and Jessie were not alone. I almost forgot where I was.

My eyes instantly landed on Cole Ryder. I mean, it was hard to miss him. He was sitting down in a black chair while about thirty men formed a circle around him. What type of shit is this? Ryder stared at me with an emotionless face.

"I see you and your boyfriend made it."

"Brother." I corrected.

"Did you handle my . . . little situation?"

I smirked and made my way over to him. Alexander stood in front of him before I could come close. "I'm sorry, Ryder, but I can't make your dick bigger. Only Jesus Christ himself can do that, but I know what I can do, deliver you good news about your friend Frank Lucas." I handed Alexander the file I had in my hand. "Would you do me a favor and pass that to your boss?"

He glared at me, snatched the file out of my hand, and gave it to Cole.

I laughed as a joke struck my mind. "I hope you like the pictures. I really tried to capture the liveliness of his death."

Jessie immediately caught on to my joke. He laughed and fist bumped me. "Great joke, sis."

Everyone in the room stared at us like we were from another planet.

Cole took the file and opened. After he was done looking at it he passed it to Alexander and looked at me. "I see you know how to follow orders. I like that."

"Does that mean we're in now?"

He thought for a moment and then smirked. "No."

What?! I did everything that asshole asked me to do. "Excuse me?"

"You have one more thing you have to do first." He explained while crossing his arms. One more thing? I barley did the first one. Oh. Hell. No.

"Yeah. And what's that?" I spat out angrily.

He got out of his chair and walked towards me. "Oh. You're going to love this one." He cupped my face in his cold hands and quickly planted a kiss on my lips.

What the fu—

Bow!

The sound of a gun shot went off and before I could process what had happened, my body had already fell to the floor.

That motherfucker shot me.

* * *

I opened my eyes to find that my vision was blurry. I blinked. Where am I? I looked around the room. It had plain white walls, a simple white couch, and a television at the very corner of the room. I was lying on a hard hospital bed, but I'm one hundred percent positive that this isn't the hospital. Wait, who's bed am I in? I tried to sit up, but a sharp pain shot to my side forcing me to lay back down.

The events that took place at the warehouse came flooding back to my mind.

I can't believe he shot me.

"H-hello?" My voice came out hoarse. "Jessie? Linda? Anyone?"

As if on cue the door opened and Cole Ryder walked in with a devilish smirk on his face. "Hello, Principessa I see you're finally awake."

"You dickhead! What the fuck did you do to me? Where's my brother?"

Ryder only laughed. "Calm down. I didn't do anything to you. You said you wanted to join De La Rosa, so congratulations, you're now one of us. Your welcome."

I glared at him. "Why did you shoot me?"

"I honestly thought you'd be more ecstatic than this." Cole walked over to the bed I was lying in. He rubbed his hand along my jawline causing me to flinch at his sudden action. He noticed and chuckled. "I love it when people are scared of me."

"I'm not scared of you."

He gently tapped my face, leaned into me, and whispered in my ear.

"You will be."

I smirked and used his own line against him. "Don't make the mistake of thinking that."

* * *

A/N: Oh my god I'm bacc at it again. Lol. This is the third update today. Aren't you guys proud of your girl? Lmao. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Remember to comment, vote, and add this story to your reading list!

Question: In a story, do you prefer bad boys or good boys?

Extra: Hey guys! Please check out ___Miniii___ 's new story "The Nerdy Babysitter!" She's working extremely hard on it, and I'd appreciate it if you'd go vote on it!