🎭 Pirate Julian x Mermaid Reader

Word count- 1181
     The water was clear and blue, it swayed back and forth calmly. There wasn't a cloud in sight and the sky was as bright as ever. The fish swam circles around you, as you sat in the water. In the distance there was ship, a beautiful brown ship with white sails. There was music that could be heard and it was coming from the ship that was getting closer.

       You sat on a rock hidden by an island nearby, so you knew you were safe where you were. You couldn't quite tell if they were pirates or not, but pirates were never your favorite people. Pirates would always try to kidnap you or kill you, so you knew to stay away from them. Apparently mermaids were worth a lot and pirates were always looking for easy money.

       You were weary as the ship started to get closer to the island you were at. You peaked your head around the rock to see what was going on. The ship had dropped anchor and the people who were on the ship were now rowing out to the island.

      You carefully watched them as they got to the shore, there was a woman with red curly hair, a woman with grey hair, and a tall man with red hair similar to the first girl. They didn't look like they could be too dangerous, but you didn't want to take any chances. The group was splitting up to search the island. You leaned over a little farther to see where they were going and you ended up falling into the water with a loud 'splash'

      Lucky for you only one of them was around to hear it and you hoped he wouldn't noticed, but he did. The red headed man looked in the direction of where you were and started to walk that way. You quickly swam behind the rock and kept your eyes above the water to see what he was going to do.

       The man walked out into the water a little ways to look and see what made that large splash. He looked around in the water for a few moments before turning back to the shore. When he turned around he saw a rock off the edge of the shore, out of curiosity he started to walk closer to it. You started to panic because he was getting closer, so you swam around the rock so he couldn't see you. you could hear the splashes he was making with every step, he was close.

       "Hello?" The Man questioned. You wanted to answer, but you didn't know what he would do if you did. You looked up to see how close he was. He was on the other side of the rock. when you looked up his head immediately turned your direction, when you noticed that you made sure your body was hidden just in case he actually did see you. You didn't notice him climbing onto the rock where you were previously sitting.

      "Hi?" The man asked, this startled you and cause you to look up and see the man sitting right in front of you. You wanted to swim away but it was too late for that, curiosity got the best of you.

      "Hello." you said in a calm tone, trying to hide how scared you were.

      "Who are you?" The man asked.

      "I'm Y/n, and you?" You said trying to be polite. The man smiled at you.

      "I'm Julian, Julian devorak. It's lovely to meet you Y/n. May I ask what you are doing here? or why you are in the water?" When he asked this it scared you a bit.

      "Well I could be asking you the same question, What are you doing here?" Julian chuckled.

      "If you must know, we're here looking for treasure." You smiled at him.

      "Well if I must say you aren't doing a good job at it." You said, this caused him to smile.

      "Hahah yeah, that is true, but I've got the rest of them looking for it." You looked down at the water then back up.

      "So, you're a Pirate?" You asked. He smiled and nodded.

      "Best damn Pirate you're gonna meet!" He said proudly.

      "Well, pirates aren't my favorite." You said, you were ready to swim away any second.

     "Why is that?" Julian asked.

      "Most pirates are mean, ruthless, violent. Pirates don't care for anyone." You said as you looked down at the water.

      "Well I'm not like that, I only hurt those who deserve it, like those dirty pirates." He said with disgust on his face.

      "That makes me feel better." You said looking back up at him.

      "You never answered my question. what are you doing here?" He asked again. Something about him made you want to trust him, so you told him.

      "Well, I like to stay here, it's a nice place. I'm in the water cause I fell in, I was sitting where you are now."He smiled.

      "Would you like your spot back?" He gestured to the rock he was sitting on. You smiled.

      "It's alright, you're sitting there." He chuckled.

      "We could share, it is big enough for both of us." You shook your head.

       "You probably don't want me up there." He looked down at you and offered you his hand.

      "Of course I do, now get up here." He said. You grabbed his hand and he helped you up. Once you got up there he noticed your Tail. He looked down at your tail then up to your head, he did that one more time.

      "You- you- you're a-a-a-a-" You cut him off.

      "A mermaid." You said and he nodded.

      "Yeah a mermaid, I'm sorry. I've never seen a mermaid before." He said, his face was tinted pink with a blush.

      "It's alright, I understand. I've never met a pirate that wasn't mean." You said.

      "Do you mind if I ask how it works?" Julian asked. You nodded and smiled.

      "Well when in water i'm a mermaid but after completely drying off I become human." He smiled at you.

      "That sounds amazing, but as a mermaid have you ever been anywhere that wasn't the ocean?" He asked.

      "No I haven't but I've heard of some of the places on land, I would like to go, but It would be too difficult. I wouldn't have a place to stay or any money." Julian's face lit up as he jumped to his feet.

      "You should come with us to Vesuvia!" Julian said enthusiastically. You smiled at him.

      "Really?!" He nodded.

      "Of course! now come on we'd better get going." He said, but then he realized you hadn't completely dried out yet. He looked puzzled for a moment as if he was trying to come up with a solution, just then he leaned over and picked you up bridal style. When he did this you looked up at him and he looked down at you and you both smiled at each other. Julian then made his way back to the ship with you in his arms.