🌲 Muriel X Demon Reader

Word Count- 844

      The market was full today, people were crowded around every booth and store. You weaved in and out of the crowd trying to find a calm and quite place to hide out in. You pulled the hood you had on further down trying to cover the horns on your head. It wouldn't be a great idea to cause a panic in such a large crowd. 

      You kept walking straight forward until you saw an opening to your left, you quickly made your way to the left and down the alley way that led straight to some stairs. You quickly made your way up the stairs holding on to your hood. You couldn't make it to the top of the stairs before you bumped into someone and fell. luckily you didn't fall down the stairs just onto your butt. 

      You sat up and looked at the person standing there, he was very tall and had a muscular build, he was wearing shackles and chains along with a hood to cover his face. He just stood there and stared at you until you stood up and brushed yourself off. 

      "I'm so sorry I bumped into you. I wasn't watching where I was going." You said in an apologetic tone.  He looked at you and turned his head the other way. 

      "Whatever." He said. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. 

       "I really didn't mean to. Here let me make it up to you, you're in the market for a reason let me buy whatever it was you came here for," You said while standing there holding your hands in front of you..

      "Oh, I'm Y/n by the way." You said as you stuck out your hand for him to shake. He took a step down the stairs. 

       "No, I don't want to get mixed up with something like you." He said as he kept waking. You stood there confused for a second until you realized that your hood had fallen down when you bumped into him. Your horns were showing, and he must have figured that you were a demon. 

       You huffed and pulled your hood back down before following him down the stairs. You called after him as he walked away. 

       "Look I don't mean you any harm, really. I just want to make up for bumping into you." You said as you caught up to him. He didn't stop walking. 

       "Then one thing will end up another and I will end up owing you something, that's how it works." He said. You huffed in annoyance. 

      "Really that's not it. I just want to apologize for running into you. If you won't let me make it up to you will you at least tell me your name?" You asked as you stilled on the stairs waiting for him to answer. 

      "It's Muriel, now you can leave me alone. " He said as He walked away and disappeared into the crowd. 

      You turned back around and made your way up the stairs to finish your shopping. You went around to all the booths you had not gotten earlier, buying somethings like that pumpkin bread the baker sells, a scarf and a few new books. You were now just browsing around until you saw something out of the corner of your eye. 

       It was the man from earlier, Muriel. You put down whatever you were looking at and made your way towards him. It was a bit difficult to keep up with him and by the time you caught up with him he was outside the market heading towards the forest. 

       "Hey! finally I caught up to you. You know you walk really fast." You said while catching your breath. 

       "What are you doing here? Why are you following me?" Muriel asked. You rolled your eyes and reached into your bag and grabbed the pumpkin bread. You held out the bread for him to take. 

       "Here it's for you, my way of saying I'm sorry." He just stood there looking at you. 

       "I don't want it, and I don't want anything to do with you." He said turning around and leaving the bread in your hands. He started to walk away from you. 

       "What did I do to you? Why do you hate me so much?!" you yelled out to him as he was walking. When he heard you say this he stopped. 

       "If it's about me bumping into you I'm sorry, I've said it like 4 times already." He turned around and took a few steps closer to you. 

       "I don't like demons, they're always up to something." He grabbed the bread from you and started to walk away again. 

       "Now leave me alone." You just stood there and watched as he walked off into the forest. You turned around and walked back towards town. 

       "And I don't like grumpy hermits, but you don't see me being rude about it." You said to yourself as you smiled. You kept your head down and pulled the hood forwards before making your way back into town.