sag awards - finn

unedited

song: How Could I Fall ? - Breathe

summary: you, finn and the cast of st at the sag awards.

no pov

finn stood along the carpet while photographers snapped photos of him. he tried to conceal how uncomfortable he felt, as social events like these gave him anxiety. although it helped that he has his stranger things family there with him.

every blinding flash of a camera seemed to make him even more tense; he felt his hands begin to shake.

how much longer of this do i have to go through with?

"excuse me?! finn!" a woman said, over the other shouts, "may we ask you a few questions??"

finn nodded, walking over.

"when will we be expecting season four??" she asked.

"uh, honestly i don't know but we start filming pretty soon, so..."

"what can you tell us about season four?"

"i don't know anything more than you do, really. we don't get any insight until we start filming."

"what are you looking forward to?"

seeing y/n. finn thought. he couldn't wait until she arrived. the only source that makes him feel better at these times.

"uhm, probably seeing my castmates again and hopefully winning some awards!" he said with a forced smile.

finn looked over briefly at millie and noah, who were having the time of their lives. but his attention drifted to a young girl emerging from a van while photographers attacked her.

y/n! finally.

"oh! there's y/n l/n!" said the interviewer.

finn blushed slightly at the sound of her name and nodded.

"she looks wonderful, doesn't she?" the woman said, almost more like a statement.

but finn answered, "yes, she looks wonderful.." he said while his gaze never left the teenager.

"finn, there are rumors going around that you and y/n l/n are dating, is that true?"

"n-no." he paused, "it's not."

the woman nodded, an awkward silence filling in.

"uh, i better be on my way, but thank you."

"thank you for your time."

finn scurried over to y/n with a smile spread across his face.

"finn! hey!" y/n said as she saw him. they both hugged and held each other's arms, "you look great!"

"you look beautiful, y/n." finn said, possibly a little to gushy due to y/n's change in mood.

y/n tucked a hair behind her ear, "thanks."

the two caught up with the group and took more photos until it was time for the the awards

time skip

stranger things hadn't won anything, which was disappointing. they all attended the after party which brought them back to their feet.

the kids found themselves dancing their hearts out on the floor.

finn and y/n danced around, clearly getting their hair out of place and making their clothes messy from jumping but they didn't care. they just laughed and danced together to Cold as Ice by Foreigner.

finn's hands in y/n's. shuffling their feet and bobbing their heads.

the song faded to a stop and a little more slower song was put on.

How Could I Fall ? - Breathe

finn slowed down and stopped jumping, y/n was still spinning around and holding his hand lightly.

he looked at her almost longingly, the girl he's hand sleepless nights because of. the girl he started to believe he was in love with. he loved the way she laughed and smiled, they way she was so sweet but goofy at the same time. she had a wonderful kind heart and he admired her for it.

at this point, y/n had stopped and faced finn. she started to recognize the softness in his eyes as he looked at her.

well, it's either now or never, ya little shit. finn thought to himself.

right as he was about to lean in, y/n spoke up.

"i'm exhausted. wanna grab some water and sit down?" she said cheerfully, taking his hang again and starting to walk off.

finn stopped her. "y/n.."

y/n's face softened, so did her tone, "yeah?"

he brought her in front of him and held both of her hands in his.

"y/n, i've liked you for such a long time now that it's to the point that i think i'm in love with you. i can't help but love the way you are, and just that. you have such a wonderful personality and i cannot compete with that. y/n, you're a gift to me. your friendship is everything, but i really do have feelings for you.."

y/n was silent.

finn looked down for a second, and then back up, she was still silent, mouth slightly agape.

shit. why the fuck would you do that finn? he thought to himself.

finn let go of her hands and ran to the outskirts of the party, leaving the shaken y/n on the dance floor.

~

finn sat on a ledge, lightly grabbing his hair and muttering to himself.

was i too dramatic about it? was it too much for her to take in? is she going to ignore me now?

did i just ruin our friendship?

his thoughts seemed to be so loud he didn't know he was crying until a tear hit the cement by his feet.

"finn?" a soft voice said.

finn looked up and slightly to the side, it was a silhouette of y/n.

embarrassed, he turned his head away.

y/n had caught a glimpse of the poor boy and she walked around so they were facing each other, she crouched to his level and took his hand.

they sat in silence for a minute until y/n said,

"finn."

finn sniffed, "...yeah?"

"i'm in love with you too."

"what?.... really?"

"yeah."

finn stopped weeping and looked at her. y/n scooted closer and looked at him in the eye.

"when you told me that you're were in love with me  just now, i was so taken aback that i couldn't make words. i'm sorry if i gave you the wrong message it's just that i was startled by you feeling the same way i did. i really do love you, finn, more then you think."

finn softly smiled, "oh yeah? and how do you know that?" he chuckled.

y/n smiled back and put a hand around the back of his head, and gave him a short but passionate kiss.

"that's how."