he didn't even care - finn (3)

warning: none

part three!

(Y/N POV)

I kept tossing and turning throughout the night. the more I thought about going to sleep, the more I felt awake. after what seemed like hours of turning on my sides, my back and my stomach, I got up and sat on the edge of my bed. my clock read,

4:46am.

I walked to my window and pulled the drapes open and looked out to the pitch black cold-like sky, and the occasional steetlamp. there was a park just by my house, so I decided to take a quick walk for fresh air.

I sat on the park bench and looked at the silhouette of my hands. when not so long after, a figure started walking across the grass. they hadn't seen me yet but they must've been having the same lack of sleep.

once they got closer I recognized some features about them that triggered some landmarks in my brain.

curly brown hair, light pale skin (that was even whiter in the moonlight) spotted with freckles, and almond deep brown puppy dog eyes that seemed to glisten.

it was Finn.

"you've gotta be shitting me." I mumbled.

he noticed my voice and turned to me, "Y/n," he said in a voice about the same volume as mine.

both he and I were cold, although I had a sweatshirt and he wore a thin shirt, his arms were crossed in front of his chest and his shoulders were tense.

I knew he could tell by my body language that I did not want him here with me and I needed him to leave, but he ignored that.

"what are you doing here?" he said, taking a few steps closer to me, but he didn't sit down unless I invited him to. which I didn't.

"couldn't sleep." I told him without eye contact.

"me either." he said.

there was a moment of me just sitting on the bench with my arms folded and looking away from Finn's direction. but Finn was doing the exact opposite, he stood with his arms now by his sides and looked at me softly.

I could tell just by his presence that he missed me, I did too, I just didn't accept it yet.

"Y/n?" Finn spoke up after a while.

"what?!" I said with quite a snapping tone, that I didn't exactly intend to have.

he paused before continuing, "what happened to us? you just suddenly stopped talking to me. I'm not mad, I just wanna know."

I scoffed, "I can't believe your audacity to say that..." my eyebrows crossed and I turned to him.

he looked confused.

"you don't remember?" I said.

he slowly shook his head no.

"we were at a party you dragged me to... you ditched me in the middle of if when you promised you wouldn't. then later you were hanging out with another girl, she kissed you and you gladly kissed back. it's-!" you sighed and lowered your tone, "it's like you didn't even care."

Finn looked down, disappointed in himself and then looked back at me and into my eyes, "I... I was drunk Y/n."

"and so that makes it okay?"

"no, no no, of course not."

"then why are you using that as an excuse?"

"I don't know!"

I scoffed once again and got up from the bench and started walking back home. Finn called after me to wait but I ignored that, but a gentle hand on my wrist stopped me. I stopped but didn't face Finn.

"Y/n, please." he said, I swore I heard hurt in his voice.

"it's my fault I made you go to the party, it's my fault I kissed that girl back, it's my fault I left, it's my fault I spent time with a different girl during press-"

"you cheated on me." I said, it wasn't a question, I already knew he did, I could just tell. but I did have a bit of hurt in my voice too.

"i- I did, yes. I'm sorry. I really missed you and I needed someone there with me and frankly the experience I had with her wasn't even close to ones I had with you. Y/n you have to believe me when I say I love you and I miss you. I miss you so fucking much. doing those things to you are the things I regret most in life." Finn pleaded.

I turned to half-face him, "I don't think I can forgive you, Finn." deep down, I did. I wanted him to walk home with me and be there with me until I fall asleep but I couldn't possibly just forgive him like that.

"maybe you don't have to yet." he said, "maybe we can restart as friends and maybe grow our trust back."

I thought about it, "maybe Wolfhard, just maybe."