road trip - finn

song: maps - the yeah yeah yeahs (don't play it yet)

no warnings

summary: y/n and finn go on a road trip!

Finn POV

Y/n had pulled into my driveway after filling up the car with gas and grabbing snacks from 7/11.

she came inside and tossed me the keys, "ready to go, wolfhard?"

"hell yeah." i said, grabbing our luggage and heading back outside while she grabbed her portion of luggage.

we crammed it into the trunk and slammed it shut, then got into the driver and passenger seat.

i turned on the ignition and began driving to our destination, our campsite.

once we had gotten into a good chunk of our time in the car, y/n woke up from her brief nap, turned on the speaker we had in the car and she connected it to her phone.

"what are should going to play?" i asked.

she smiled/half smirked and pressed the screen.

maps by the yeah yeah yeahs began to play.

my face immediately lit up and i smiled. this was the song we first bonded over.

flashback

"oh yeah and by the way, y/n's coming too." said Josh.

"y/n? who's she?"

"oh, i didn't mention her to you? sorry. she's a good friend of mine, you two will probably get along." he said and went back to his phone.

about ten minutes into Josh's party, i was already bored. parties weren't my thing.

but then, this girl walks through the door...

and holy fuck... i forgot how to breathe.

i admired her from afar as she smiled and said hello to Josh.

is it possible for someone to be this perfect?

minutes later, after Y/n had went to say hello to other people, i went up to Josh.

"was that Y/n?" i asked.

"yeah. why?" he said.

i sighed, "holy shit, dude."

Josh laughed, "i knew you'd like her, now go talk to her."

i nervously nodded and did so.

"hey." i said, catching her attention, "i'm Finn."

she shook my hand and smiled, "Y/n."

"oh yeah, i know. Josh told me about you." i said, then added, "all good things."

she laughed lightly, "wonderful. so you know Josh too?"

"yeah he's one of my best friends."

eventually, we got bored of the party and went to go hangout on the upper deck at the house. we began talking about music, which were both very passionate about.

she suggested the yeah yeah yeah's to me and handed me one of the two earbuds. we listened to maps together and that set off our everlasting friendship, and more.

Oh say say say
Oh say say say
Oh say say say
Oh say say say
Oh say say say

we couldn't stop discussing about the band.

"they layer their music so well that it seems like there are multiple people in the band but really there's only three!" she pointed out as i agreed.

"i'm glad i got to know you, y/n."

"right back at you, finn."

end of long ass flashback.

y/n and i began nodding our heads to the music. she took out a pair of sunglasses from the glove compartment and slipped them on, tapping her fingers on the dashboard to the beat.

Made off
Don't stray
My kind's your kind
I'll stay the same
Pack up
Don't stray
Oh say say say
Oh say say say

i admired the girl i fell in love with as she smiled so widely it made the world feel better again. she had her hand out the car window and twisted it around in the wind. the air catching her hair and blowing it around. she looked so care-free and i loved it.

Wait, they don't love you like I love you

"eyes on the road, wolfhard." she chuckled when she noticed me staring at her.

we sung the last parts of the song together.

Maps
Wait, they don't love you like I love you

"i love you."