insecure - finn

song: baby you're worth it - kina

warnings: none

summary: Finn starts to feel insecure about himself and the way he looks.

Y/n POV

I finished up the last touchings on my outfit and got my purse. Finn and I were attending the premiere for Finn's new movie, The Turning.

I called for Finn but didn't hear anything. so I walked upstairs and knocked on his bedroom door. there was no response so I opened it and stepped inside. it was empty, but I noticed a beam of light from the bathroom.

"Finn?"

Finn was in the bathroom looking at himself in the mirror. he kept touching his hair and sometimes his face.

once he heard my voice, he turned.

"what are you doing?" I asked, stepping inside.

"uhm..." he mumbled and turned back toward the mirror, hanging his head down, "nothing."

I looked at him for a minute, something was bothering him.

"love, there's something wrong. what is it? you can talk to me of course."

Finn sighed, and didn't turn to me when he talked, "I hate the way I look."

"I hate the way how I smile in photos. I hate the way I act and talk and sing. I hate how skinny and pale I am. I hate the way my face looks. I hate the way my hair looks. I hate how lanky and weird I am. I hate how I don't have this 'ripped and buff body' like all the hot guys girls go after. I always feel like I mess everything up, everywhere I go."

I noticed how his eyes and face scrunched up, he was crying.

"i mean... look at me, Y/n." he said, lifting his head up to look at him in the mirror, "how could you even love this guy?"

his face was filled with disgust and anger and hatred she he stared back at the reflection in the mirror.

before he could hate on himself further, I interuptted, "hey."

"Finn look at me." I said, placing a soft hand on his cheek and pushing it gently so he was looking at me.

"don't you say that about yourself."

he bit the inside of his lip.

"listen, Finn, the reason I love you is because you are who you are. I love you for you. I don't like buff football athletic boys, I love you Finn. I love every single aspect of you. I love how you smile, how your lips turn up into a happy expression and how your eyes fill with joy and how you blush a little bit. I love your hair, how curly and lovely it is to run my hands through it. I love your personality and how funny you are. And I  love how you, Finn Wolfhard, got to pursue, not just one, but two of your dreams of being an actor and a musician. look at where you are now! you're one of the most well known young actors of the century. so many people love you, Finn, and there's a definite reason for that. you don't have to change anything to make me love you, because I already do."

Finn smiled his beautiful smile that seemed to beam at me. I could see through the puffy red eyes, tear stained, that he was genuinely happy.

I kissed his hands, his forehead and his lips.

"baby, you're worth it."