he didn't even care - finn

warnings: none really ig idk

summary: Finn gets Y/n to go to a party but it didn't go very well, and Finn couldn't care less.

(Your POV)
Finn had pressured me into going to a party. usually, neither of us are the type to go to parties but ever since he came back from a year of press, he's been different.

I sat in the grass outside by the pool by myself, staring down at my cup of ice water and my dirty converse on my feet. just thinking about Finn.

when he had to leave last year he stayed with me at my house for over a month before his booked flight, we were inseparable. after he left we FaceTimed a lot while constantly telling each other we missed them, we both did. at the time.

after a while, our daily calls turned into weekly calls, monthly calls, and then it just vanished. he vanished.

he never called, texted or said anything about me online. I saw him at the premieres and interviews and he looked quite pleased with himself.

how could he be pleased with himself, if I missed him so much I was miserable all the time? I was longing for his arms around me and his sweet whispers in my ear.

what if he cheated? he found another person to replace me for being away. that's likely.

I was snapped out of my thoughts. but not by a friend, or Finn for that matter. just a scream from a girl being pushed by her boyfriend into the pool.

I couldn't stay here much longer, too many people and too many bodies. half of which were already drunk or high, or both.

I got up from my spot and headed toward the door but then stopped when I realized I should get Finn home too, for his fucking sake.

I turned around and scanned the crowd for the curly haired boy but I didn't see him. I backed up a bit so I have more of a view to where the kitchen was.

and unfortunately, there he was, by the island counter, with a girl.

they were standing way to close to each other. they leaned into the counter for support in result of how incredibly drunk (and possibly high) they were. Finn leaned over and whispered something in her ear as he almost seemed to nip at it, she giggled and pressed her body up against him. she leaned up and pressed her lips against his. Finn kissed back without hesitation and put down his red cup on the counter and wrapped his arms around her waist as she wrapped hers around his neck.

ew

they parted and he traced his finger down her arm while saying something to her.

disgusting

a few boys noticed me staring and I turned and walked out the door, the boys calling, "ooo" after me.

fuck that,

I thought,

fuck you, fuck her, fuck all of them.

on the walk home I couldn't help but think about that sickening thought of Finn talking, kissing and touching another girl. Finn would kiss me back then, but he never even thought about touching me like that at all. I was glad but admittingly offended. I didn't even mean much to him, anymore at least. even if he was drunk, I saw as he kissed her how it was like he didn't even care. he didn't care about me. I didn't cry, it just hurt. I wanted to cry and didn't. I didn't want to hurt, but I did.

(next morning)

the next morning at school, I didn't meet Finn where we usually do before school so we could walk in together. I mean, why would I?

(Finn POV)

I woke up this morning with a terrible headache. I didn't remember what I did last night, as I tried to look back at it but it was all fuzzy like a strange dream. I shrugged it off and went to school.

I waited for Y/n by our usual spot but she didn't show up. maybe she called in sick? but she never takes sick days. I was going to be late for first period so I went inside.

after my class, I saw Y/n at her locker. oh. I walked up to her while saying, "hey babe, were you sick or something? or came to school late? you didn't show up at our spot and you didn't text me. it's okay if-"

I was cut off by her locker slamming shut. she wasn't even facing me and she turned and walked down the hall to her next class without a word.

ouch.