"I'm sorry," his entire face softens and I know that he means it. He's sorry even though he didn't do anything, he's sorry for the simple fact that someone hurt me.

I shake my head to reassure him, "Don't be, I'm okay."

He looks down at the bed and his eyebrows furrow in thought. He stays quiet but continues thinking about something and the fact he isn't letting me in on his thoughts is driving me crazy.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask and he looks up at me in shock.

"Nothing," he says but his voice gives him away and I shake my head.

"No, you were definitely in deep thought just then. What is it?"

He smiles at me before saying quietly, "How could he do that to you? You gave him everything and he broke your heart."

I gave him everything?

There was a time Cole cared about me and I know he did, there's not a doubt in my mind that there wasn't a time he did love me. But my love story came to an end as Cole shocked me with the truth that he didn't love me anymore. Even though Cole and I dated for eight months, I never gave him everything. There was a part of myself that I wasn't ready to hand over yet and looking back at it now I'm happy I didn't.

"He's an ass," I laugh, "but I didn't give him everything."

He looks at me with a crinkled forehead and curious eyes as he remembers the day at the park when Cole talked about how I screamed when he... or whatever.

I decide to not make him ask and just fill him in, "I never slept with Cole."

As soon as those words escape my mouth Traces entire face shifts into one of relief. He's no longer heartbroken about Cole taking my innocence and burning it because he knows it wasn't true.

Trace smiles, "That's great," his eyes suddenly hold a hint of humor, but what also seems like pure realization, "so does this mean you're a virgin?"

I laugh and smack his arm as he chuckles. He holds his hands up in defense.

"Not everyone hooks up with someone behind boxes at a gas station," I say and his eyes widen.

He leans forward and shakes his head, "No," he laughs as if me thinking he screwed Amanda is funny, "I didn't do anything with Amanda. She told me she had a vape and I could hit it if I wanted to since I said I was bored. She didn't want you to know because you looked too, 'innocent to drug'," he makes quotes in the air and I shrug, "so we went behind the boxes to make her conscious feel better."

That actually makes sense.

But wait, does that mean that Trace does drugs?

As if he can see the question in my eyes, he answers, "I didn't do it either though. My body is too flawless to ruin with drugs." he purses his lips.

I shake my head at him and he laughs before starting to put up the game.

I uncross my legs and lay back on the bed, stretching out my body that has been folded for almost an hour.

"You keep doing stuff like that and I might have to make you stay in my bed."

My body is stretched across his bed and when I look down his boxers are riding up a little bit, exposing even more of my thigh. I bring my hand to the hem of the underwear and pull down, his eyes watch my movement cautiously. I drop my hand and he trails his eyes up my body before meeting my hazel eyes with his clouded grey ones.

"You're beautiful," he says simply and my face heats up at his words.

I stand up and make my way to my bed while he puts the game back in my bag.

I cover up with the big comforter spread across the bed and I wrap my hands in the blanket, tucking it underneath my chin.

He traipses back over to his side of the small hotel room and begins getting dressed for bed, or rather, undressed. He turns his back to me and pulls his shirt over his head, revealing his pants that are hanging dangerously low. Trace turns around to situate his bed, picking up the pillow and tossing the blanket back. His abdomen flexes with his movements as his chest and arm muscles contract.

I find myself watching him and I have to look away before he sees. My eyes avert from his body to look at the television sitting on the dresser and from the corner of my eye I see him walk to the end of the bed.

Without thinking, my eyes just roam around the room and find their way back to him. His pants hang low on his hips and I struggle to keep my mind clear.

I move my eyes up his stomach to admire his face. A knowing smile is planted across his features as he makes the bed. His jawline is sharp and his eyes are holding a deep grey color that I find myself not being able to look away from.

Trace walks to the side of the bed and switches the lamps off before climbing in bed and saying quietly, "Sleep well, Emma."

I smile and close my eyes, glad that his final words managed to work.

Authors Note:
Hello lovelies!! I know this was a short chapter but I hope you still liked it! Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed!! Have a great day and stay safe!