TWENTY-EIGHT

+Jimin+

We had gathered at the kitchen table because.. food. Duh. I was hungry and ever since my chat with Rose didn't go as planned i was now irritated too. I sneaked a peek her way hoping she wasn't paying attention. She was chatting with Aphrodite and not paying attention at all to me. 

The table was big enough for all of us, that's Jungkook's house for you, big and spacious for no reason it was just him here. He didn't live with his parents and hasn't for as long as i can remember. He's been very independent and a few years back, i remember him telling us he was an emancipated minor. Well when he was a minor. I always worried for him but being friends with him was difficult sometimes. 

Rose was only a few seats from me but it felt like a world apart. Her hair falling out of her messy bun. She was just so laid back and smart i don't understand how she could be so naive in picking someone like Yoongi. My jealousy was only festering with every passing moment and i couldn't contain it. 

Before my mouth could open to burst out the nonsense in my head, Jungkook was standing in the archway to the kitchen. Everyone fell silent as we waited for him to speak. He looked from Rose to Aphrodite and the blood from his face seemed to drain away. 

"Kookie?" Aphrodite seemed to barely squeak out of her. She stood up quickly and stepped up to Jungkook who seemed to tense when she got close. She hesitantly reached up to his pale face and rubbed circles on his cheek. "Are you okay? You look pale. You really shouldn't be up right now i mean aren't you sore?"

"Can i talk to you for a moment?" He seemed to muster up the strength to barely whisper it to her. She nodded and they waltzed off into the foyer. I glanced back to the table as talking resumed and locked eyes with Rose on complete accident. We seemed to be at a stand off neither of us wanting to break contact first, cause only then do you seem like the shy one. I wasn't gonna be made out to seem like the weak one. I had to prove to her that i was the better choice, the stronger choice.

~

I didn't know why he was staring at me so intently and so.. i don't know.. strong. His eyes seemed to be trying to communicate a deeper meaning that i couldn't translate. I felt in a daze as i stared longer. "Rose." A soft spoken voice somehow broke my trance. "Did you want some food?" Jin had asked me so sweetly i couldn't say no. I nodded and got up so that i could help serve. I needed to keep my hands busy. 

Namjoon followed us to the kitchen and started grabbing plates while i grabbed utensils. Every now and then Joon would caress Jin's hand or kiss his cheek. They were so cute together, i dreamed i would have that much happiness. You could see the love in their eyes. Jin was always smiling and laughing when Namjoon was around. The interactions between them were funny and heart warming. 

"Hey Worldwide Handsome, don't give Tae that much y'know he's a picky eater."

"Yaa no shit he's a picky eater. Be careful with those plates y'know we call you God of Destruction for a reason. It's not for our health." I couldn't contain my laughter at Jin's comment. 

"Just cause you're older than dirt don't mean you gotta point out my.. accidents. They were all accidents. Okay!" I was laughing so much by now i felt like they were just doing it to keep me laughing.

"You're not too far behind me Namjoon! Calling me old, who does he think he is? At least i don't break everything i touch.. no no BREATHE on." Jin muttered the ending to himself which only made the whole thing funnier. I gathered the finished plates and started bringing them to the table. I placed everyone's plates down on the table and finally got to sit and eat my food. I looked down the hall to try and find Jungkook and Aphrodite so they could come and eat.

Aphrodite walks back in the room after i gave up trying to see them. She looked rather irritated and stressed. Jungkook followed shortly after.

She glanced at me and then at Yoongi, "You guys are not gonna believe what i found out." She was shaking her head and exhaled out a deep sigh. "I found who leaked the video." I unintentionally leaped up from my seat, eyes wide open as i waited for her to spill. 

"Who? I want to know who did this." I glanced at Jungkook who had seemed to have sunk down onto the floor. He had curled into a ball and seemed to have been very uncomfortable by all the sudden attention on him. "For Kookie." He looked up at me his eyes seeming sadder than i have ever seen them. "Yes what he did to me was fucked up on so many levels but, exposing him to the entire school, when it had nothing to do with them was uncalled for. They didn't even give him a chance to come and tell me himself what happened." I walked over to him and picking him up from the floor, i hugged him. "I've already told you i forgive you. It's gonna take me awhile to get through it. I hope you can wait for me to do that, i still want you to be my friend. Yes we are gonna need to build up a friendship but, i think we can grow from this."

I had hugged him with everything i had and somewhere in the midst of my rant he was hugging me back.

"I know."

"Okay so who is it?" I turned back to face Aphrodite.

"You're not gonna be happy. It's someone we know."

XX

Who do you think it is?