Chapter 10

~March 1974~

'Roger, I've been meaning to ask you... what are we?' Brian and Roger were laying in bed, white sheets covering their tangled bodies. Ever since that christmas morning they'd had romantic and sexual intermezzos every once in a while, but they never got to talk about the seriousness of this 'thing', as they'd called it so far. John and Freddie didn't know, for there was no direct reason to tell them. The only thing that had changed was that Roger was around way more often, and stayed the night whenever he came over. Marianna had a nice, soft place to sleep in Brian's house, but that didn't mean anything, of course. 

Roger pushed his body away from Brian's and looked at him. 'To be honest, I don't know, Brian. I only know that I don't want it to stop.' He paused to take in the view of Brian. He looked, as Roger had thought before, like an angel. Brian's hair fell around his face beautifully and little drops of sweat decorated his forehead, the only indication of the sensations from a few minutes ago. 'Brian, you are amazing. Whatever you want to call this, a fling, a relationship, I'm in. I don't want this to end.' 

'Neither do I, I'm so glad you feel the same!' Brian laughed, and he cupped Roger's face with his hands. 'You are so gorgeous. I could just look at you all day and never grow tired. I could memorise every single detail on your face and yet I would discover new features every time I looked at you. I want you, Roger Meddows Taylor. No, I need you. More than anything in the world. Be my boyfriend. Be mine and I'll be yours. What do you say?' 

Roger's blue eyes locked with Brian's hazel ones, and no words could ever describe what they felt at that very moment. The only answer Roger could think of was to kiss Brian, which he gladly did. 

'I want this,' he whispered softly, his face only a few centimeters away from Brian's. 'I want you.' 

They kissed passionately, both men more than ready to resume their game of love. This was disturbed, however, by a child's voice, calling out: 'Daddy! DADDY!' 

Oh come on, Roger thought. Can't you wait for just a few hours?  

Brian put on a pair of sweat pants and rushed to John's room. Roger followed a minute later, anxious to see what bothered John at one in the morning. 

'Oh dear, what is it?' Brian kneeled next to John's bed and gently wiped away the tears running down the kid's face. Roger didn't enter the room, but he watched as Brian took care of his boy. Such a sweet sight, he's cute when he's worried... 

John loudly inhaled for a few times. 'I had a bad dream. You died, and Roger left us!' The tears broke through again, and he started sobbing. 

Brian sat down on John's bed and pulled the boy on his lap, hugging him. He saw Roger standing in the doorway, and gestured for him to join him on the bed. 

'John, I'm not going to die. I would never leave you guys, not while I have anything to say about it.' Brian took Roger's hand and squeezed it. 'And neither is Roger.' 

John, unaware of the message Brian was secretly sending Roger, looked at his father with red, puffy eyes as Roger nuzzled his head on Brian's shoulder. 'You're not going to die? You'll live forever and never leave me and Freddie?' 

Brian chuckled. 'No, sweetie. Who wants to live forever? But I won't be dying anytime soon, don't you worry about a thing.' 

'Yeah. You won't be dying anytime soon, not on my watch, mister! It's okay, John, I'll look out for your dad, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.' Roger jokingly gave John a weak punch on the shoulder, and John started laughing. 

'So do you think you'll be able to sleep now? Roger and I want to get some sleep as well,' Brian yawned. 

John nodded, and Brian and Roger got up from the bed. 'Goodnight John.' Brian held the door open on a chink. 'And don't let the bed bugs bite!' Roger stuck his head just around the corner, so John could see it, and waved. Brian closed the door, and the drama was over, just like that. 

Roger smirked. 'Now, where were we?' Brian, in one smooth movement, took Roger's hand and turned him around; Roger was now with his back against the wall. '

We're mister Rough Guy now, are we? I love it when you do that...' 

Brian raised an eyebrow. 'Oh, I know. I know you, Roger. Now get your ass in the bedroom before we give poor John a trauma.'