"Me fucking too." Rex added, his hand tightening around mine. I tried not to make it obvious I was leaning into him. He always smelled soo good...

       A cool breeze blew across the open plane of Rob's front lawn, causing goosebumps to rise on my legs. I left my—Rex's—jacket in the car and tucked my phone into the pocket of the one he was wearing since the costume didn't leave much room for pockets.

       The twins had both left to go talk to a few of their teammates hanging out on the side lawn drinking from one of the many kegs lined out on a table, and Trey stayed with us as long as he could see Lainy through the crowd of people. The minute she disappeared, he went looking for her.

       "Should we help him?" I asked over the thumping music streaming out of speakers plastered against the outside of the mansion. Rex shrugged his shoulders, those dark eyes gazing at the mass of bodies in distaste.

       "If he can't find her for a while, yeah. Right now I need a fucking beer."

-&-

       Thirty minutes later Rex and I were leaning against a wall watching Denton flirt with half the cheer-leading team—who had all decided to dress up like they were in a 'Purge' movie. I couldn't stop laughing as he bounced from one girl to the next, each one falling for his goofy charm and flirty jokes.

       I laughed and looked over at Rex who had been sipping slowly at his second beer of the night. His gaze caught mine before he rolled his eyes. "He'll never learn to grow up." He mumbled around the opening of his bottle before taking another sip. I eyed the brown glass wearily.

       "Can I, uh, can I try some?" I nodded towards the beer, a small, pleading smile tugging on my lips as I tried to puppy dog eye him. He raised one of those dark eyebrows at me.

       "You've never tried alcohol before, right?" His question brought a brief flashback to the time he took me to Echo, the night he had to witness one of my little mental breakdowns. I shook my head and rocked forward on the tip of my toes, my hands clasped innocently behind my back.

       "Nuh uh, but I want to."

        He tried to hide the smirk that pull on his lips by taking another sip of his drink, but I saw it anyways. My gaze narrowed. "I don't think beer is the best option for your first drink, but if you really want to try it..." He held the bottle out to me, a dark twinkle in his eyes as he did.

       I didn't trust that sneaky look on his face, but I really did want to try some. It couldn't be that bad if they drank it all the time. I brought the bottle to my lips, my nose crinkling at the smell of the alcohol. Just do it, Rose. Don't be a coward.

       I chocked as a liquid that tasted what I assumed pee would taste like hit my tongue. Now that was disgusting. I coughed and blushed like the embarrassed idiot I was as Rex's dark chuckle reached my ears.

       "That's awful." I coughed and practically threw the beer back at him as he reached for it.

       He shrugged, that smirk still pulling on his lips as he took a drink from the bottle. "You get used to it."

       "Why put yourself through the torture though?" I grumbled and smacked my lips together to try and get rid of the taste.

       Rex's dark chuckle turned to a laugh that made my tummy feel all funny-like. "For the effect, Roza. Do you want some water?"

       I didn't drink enough for the taste to last long, but I felt weird not holding a drink when everyone else was, so I nodded and let him 'escort' me into the crowded kitchen. The party was designated to the left side of the mansion, first floor, and was packed with not only all of Jasper's high school students, but also the surrounding towns.