Day twenty-two: Holidays

Holidays

Wild kids on the prowl,

Ready to jump high, and roll,

Vacation, welcome.

So, this is this time of the year when kids around the place are going on vacation… Six weeks of holidays, no resting for the parents.

This means, all the kids are out on the playground. All ages, all sizes, all genders, all noisy and naughty… Bye-bye my quiet time. I need to start storing the books I want to read while watching the progeny enjoying the sunny grounds and their friends. With some chance I will even be able to read some…

I am preparing the Advent calendar for the two monsters. Ten more days and they will start open one gift every day for a bit less than four weeks… I am still not sure what I will put in yet, still missing some…

This is during this period of the year that I am missing the snow and the cold. It doesn’t feel like Christmas is coming at all. I can see by the window that the neighbours already set their Christmas tree… but it doesn’t feel like it at all… the thing I am not missing is to have to get the shovel and part the snow to be able to enter or exit the house… but a bit of cold, snow and the Christmas decorations reflect on the shop windows… All that gives a good feeling for the season…

Well… I will just have to spend my free time in the pool, getting a bit of cool from the water while the sun offers its warm rays… when it is not raining anyway…