Epilogue

(I'd recommend reading the first paragraph in the first chapter, I added it in at the beginning to use)

No-one's POV

Y/N still thought of James. She wondered what he was up to right now. He had kept his promise of staying in touch with her, but, as expected, their contacting had become less and less frequent.

Although she didn't know it, James often thought of Y/N too. He was no longer in Galar, but had moved on from there. She was often in his mind, all these 8 years later.

Y/N wondered whether she was ever going to see him again. She had long since moved out of her apartment, and was now in a small cottage on the beachfront. Despite her doubt, she had become a Police Officer, and was quite possibly the best cop Alola had.

She didn't even know what her sister and brother even looked like now, they must've changed a lot by now.

All James wanted was to see Y/N again, even if it was the last thing he did.

It was a great, sunny day in Alola, as always. Not a cloud was in the sky. Y/N felt strangely excited, but scared at the same time. Like something was going to happen. Whether it was good or not, you didn't know. All she wanted to know was what it was.

Y/N stepped out of her cottage and looked around. Same sky, same sand, same people. So what was it about today that felt so different?

She started to wander down the street, but nothing seemed to make sense. Everything was familiar, yet she'd never seen it like this before.

Everyone was talking merrily, but she wasn't really listening to the noises she usually did, like the waves of the ocean or the squawk of Pokémon above her.

Everything seemed silent, even... Tense. With a pang, she remembered the exact same feeling in the Pokémon centre with James years ago. She carried on walking, not really looking where her feet were taking her.

She stopped at the water's edge. The sun was shimmering off of the rippling water, and a boat was coming into the dock a little way down.

She looked around, and her eyes fell on a young man. He had bright green eyes, and lavender hair that went just past his chin.

She watched him walk towards her, until he was right in front of her. "Y/N, do you remember me?" He asked, taking Y/N's hand. This reminded you of that time in the B&B.

Despite his sudden appearance, you couldn't help but impersonate yourself outside the B&B. "No." Just
like then, his smile fell.

Then you started to laugh. "Of course I do, idiot!" You said. He started to laugh too. It really was Y/N. He hugged Y/N for what felt like forever, but no tears were shed.

A lot of kissing and hugging later, Y/N asked the question that'd been nagging her for ages. "Are you staying?" She asked slowly. "Of course." He replied.

"Forever." He said. "Unless we move." Y/N said. James laughed but then the statement started to sink in. "Wait... We?" He exclaimed in suprise.

"Yes, silly. Assuming you'd like to live with me?" Y/N said shyly. "Of course." This was when the tears started to fall. Tears of happiness, obviously.

Then Y/N took James's hand and led him to his home, imagining if there would be more than two people in here at some point. Meanwhile, Emily and Ash were flying to Alola too, although neither Y/N or James knew it.