The Beach ✔

"Y/N..." Emily said quietly, looking up at you with big eyes. "What's up?" You smiled. "I'm starving." She replied shortly.

"Alright. D'you wanna maybe have a picnic on the beach?" You questioned, smiling broadly when her smile grew. "YES!" She exclaimed loudly, punching the air.

"Sh, people are looking." You hushed her, laughing. Emily just laughed and began to walk in the direction of the beach.

Before long, you were there, and you sat down on a small picnic rug Emily had packed in her rucksack. Humming to yourself, you began to take out little packets of food and lay them out.

You looked up, smiling softly. Emily was running around in the sand, Popplio and Lillipup in tail.

"Emily, lunch is ready!" You called, then put some food down for her Pokémon.

However, apparently you weren't allowed to eat in peace, because after about of minute you heard someone walk up behind you and clear their throat.

You turned round slowly. "Can I help you?" You asked, looking up at two shadowed figures. The sun was behind them, casting shadows into their faces so you couldn't see their faces.

When neither replied, you stood up. Now being able to see properly, you took in the sight of the two strangers.

One had bright pink hair that carved down to about her waist, and she was wearing a crop top with a short, straight skirt. On her top was a bright red letter 'R'.

The other, a man, had lavender hair that fell to just about his shoulders, and he was wearing a white t-shirt and white trousers. Like the woman, on his shirt was a bright letter 'R'.

You only just noticed a small Meowth standing at their feet, looking up at you with a curious look on his face. You turned your attention back to the man and woman.

"Prepare for trouble!" The woman suddenly exclaimed, making you just abruptly. "I will tha-" You started, bit were cut off.

"And make it double!" The man joined in. "Wha-" "To protect the world from devastation!" "To unite all-"

"Woah woah woah, stop." You said loudly, and they looked down at you. "What the heck is happening?" You asked.

"Well you see-" The Meowth began to say, but the man gave him a small push with his foot so that he fell over. No, that's not right. Pokémon can't talk.

The man leant closer to you, so that his face was inches away from yours. "Um... Hi." You blushed.

He leant back, seeing your discomfort. "Y/N?" He smiled. "J-James?" You exclaimed, taking a step back.

Emily stood up and walked to your side, smirking. "Hey, it's your boyfriend!" She said, pointing up at James.

"Goddamn it Emily. He's not my boyfriend." You said quietly, turning an even darker shade of red.

"What're you doing here, anyway?" You asked, mainly to steer the conversation away from where it was currently headed.

"I..." James mumbled, then grabbed the girls' shoulder and turned away, whispering something in her ear.

The girl looked disgusted for a moment, but then nodded in understanding. "Alright, we'd best be off." The girl said, smiling sweetly at us before turning tail and beginning to walk away.

"Y/N, your boyfriend has a girlfriend!" Emily whined pointing at them. "Wait, where are you going?" You asked, ignoring Emily.

"Er... Doctor's appointment, about my- Meowth's teeth." James laughed awkwardly, following the girl. "Yeah... That's right." The Meowth smiled devilishly, following them.

Wait a minute, Pokémon can talk?! You thought, turning and raising an eyebrow at Popplio.