Fate or unluckiness? ✔

Once your head span back to earth and had a while to register what happened, you saw the young man in front of you and realized that in your hurry that you must have banged into him or something along those lines. Rubbing your head from the floor, you began to study him. The young man had bright green eyes, the colour of emeralds, and lavender hair that fell to just above his shoulders. He looked pretty thin, but something about the flowering shirt he was wearing kind of ruined the whole appearance.

Before you could get into any wild fantasies, the man stood up and outstretched a hand. Feeling a little flustered and embarrassed, you allowed him to help you up as you tried to stop your cheeks heating up with all your might. "I', so sorry." You said, dusting yourself off. The man simply smiled, his eyes looking slightly glazed over. "Hello...?" You said, waving your hand in front of his face.

He shook his head quickly and then seemed to snap back to reality. "Oh, right. No, it's not your fault. I wasn't looking where I was going." He protested, then smiled. "I haven't seen you around here before, are you new to the area?" You asked, forgetting all about Emily for the time being. "I-I... I'm here for work. My name's James." He said, obviously as flustered as you were. "I didn't ask for your name, but cool." You laughed.

"I'm Y/N. Y/N S/N." You extended a hand, which he shook. "So, Y/N – Beautiful name, by the way – Are you a trainer?" James asked, looking at Torracat, who had escaped her ball and was nuzzling your ankles, looking up at James suspiciously. "Yeah, yeah... I'm the Junior Island Kahuna." You said, watching in satisfaction as his jaw dropped. You weren't bragging or boasting about it, you were just... Kind of proud of yourself, and that was good, right?

Once again, before you could continue your conversation or even start fantasising again, Emily came rushing round the corner and let out a little gasp. "Y/N, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend!" She said, looking from James to you and then back again. "Boyfriend...? Oh, right. Ems, he's not my boyfriend and you know it. I literally just met him." You laughed, and you could have sworn that you saw James' smile drop from out of the corner of your eye.

"Why did you scream, Ems? You scared the living daylights out of me!" You asked, worry making its way into your voice. "Oh, right. I saw a Lillipup. Please can you help me catch it Y/N, please?" She asked, bouncing up and down in excitement. Her eyes seemed to be sparkling.

"Alright then. C'mon." You laughed, placing a hand on her shoulder and beginning to guide her out of the shop. "Bye, James." You waved, and he waved a little back, God, something was so familiar about him, you just couldn't place what...