Memories

"Talk to me. Why did you come to see me?" You asked him. "Because..." He trailed off. Once again, you looked at him unimpressed. "Y/N, do you remember me?" He took your hand. You thought through every time you had ever seen him, or anyone like him, throughout your life. Every detail. But of course it only took a few seconds to come your conclusion. "No." You said. His smile fell slightly. Oops. "I mean, I remember you from the shop, and the beach. But not really before that. Sorry." You said. Now guilt was making its was into your face. He let go of your hand. He looked down to the ground, and clenched his fists. "Sorry... Am I... Am I meant to remember you? Do you remember me?" You asked. Ok, you were definitely feeling guilty now.

"Y/N, do you remember much from when you were younger? Like, around 7?" He asked. "A bit." You said, attempting to redeem yourself. "Do you remember coming across a boy from a rich family, and asking him if he liked Meowths?" You gasped. "A bit... I remember asking someone about Meowths..." Then something in you brain clicked. "That was you?!" You exclaimed. He gave a shy nod. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" You said, before flinging your arms round him neck. He was surprised at first, but then began to hug you back. "Hey, it's ok!" He said, comforting you. "No it's not! How could I be such an idiot?" You voice started to go a bit wobbly, with tears threatening to spill any second. "It really is. I didn't really expect you to remember me, to be honest." You stuffed up at this remark. He didn't expect you too. So was it really ok, or not? It was, you decided.