New Beginnings ✔

It was a great, sunny day in Alola, as always. Not a cloud was in the sky. You felt strangely excited, but scared at the same. Like something was going to happen. Whether it was good or not, you didn't know. All you wanted to know was what it was.

"Goodbye, mum!" You called, waving with one arm to your mother, Delia, who was stood on the porch of your house. "Bye, sweetie! Take care of your sister!" She shouted back, then waved too whilst smiling. A grin spread across your face too, and you looked down at your sibling. Emily, who was 10, was excitedly bouncing up and down on the ground, waving and shouting various goodbyes to your mother.

After a very long break, you had decided to help your sister out on her Pokemon journey. You'd been travelling around various places for years on end, but had decided to take a few years break. However, all that stuff was pushed aside now, because you thought you might as well pass all your knowledge onto someone who wanted and had a need for it.

You and Emily waved one last time to your short-time Alolan home, to your mother, and all things familiar. You grasped your little sister by the hand and asked, "So Ems, are you excited to get your first Pokemon?" She looked up at you and thought for a moment before nodding and exclaiming "Yes!" And then squealing again in excitement. "I think I might choose Popplio. I really love water types!" She said, tapping her chin in thought. "But I also like Rowlet... But then again if we battle, I'd have an advantage with Popplio because Torracat is a fire type."

After quite a bit more discussion about starter Pokemon, you looked down at your wristwatch in alarm. "Emily, we're meant to be there in one minute!" Emily began to run along towards the Kahuna, pulling you along with her. Out of breath, you finally arrived at the ceremony. Even just watching brought back so many memories... This was where you first met Hau... Gosh, that seemed like a lifetime ago. In a way, it was.

Torracat must have sensed something, because she let herself out of her Pokeball in your pocket and nuzzled against your leg. "D'you remember this place, Torracat? This was where we first met." You said, not that you were expecting an answer. Torracat mewed in a kind of sad way, as if being where she was so many years ago, so young and unexperienced brought her great pain. "You were just a little Litten..." You said, smiling fondly at nothing in particular.

Torracat meowed again and you picked her up. "Gosh, you've grown so much, haven't you? I'm so proud." You said, hugging her close to your heart. She gave your face a quick lick and then curled up in your embrace. You began to stroke her whilst watching your sister, and Torracat purred at your touch.

A while later, the ceremony had ended and you and your sister were strolling through town, her holding onto her new Pokemon, Popplio. The two seemed to be bonding already. "And so it begins, huh Emily!" You smiled down at her, and she smiled back. "Yep! I'm so flipping excited!" She exclaimed, and Popplio looked up in alarm. A wave of nostalgia crept over you. You'd felt the exact same way when you started your journey.

"Ok, so I reckon we should get you some new clothes and things, because you're not going to want tot stay in the same ones for years, otherwise people in Kanto could smell you." You laughed, and Emily nodded approvingly. "There's a lovely little shop by the beachfront that we can go. Also, I haven't spoken to the shopkeeper for ages..." You trailed off, feeling a little guilty that you'd forgotten all contact with her.

"Alright, lets go!" Emily squealed, grabbing your hand and running through the streets with you in tow. Before long, she'd made her way to the shop, although god knows how she knew which one it was. You slowly opened the door, hearing the familiar sound of the bell right, announcing your arrival. "Ems, you go and look for some clothes, I'm going to talk to Maggie." You said, watching as she disappeared behind the aisles.

Slightly holding your breath, you walked slowly towards the counter, where a young woman with bright blue eyes and sleek brown hair stood, stapling pages together. You waited for a moment, before speaking. "Hi Mags." The woman, Maggie, looked up, and her whole face lit up. "Y/N?" She questioned, and you nodded.

Maggie walked out from behind the wooden counter and hugged you, immediately beginning to talk about how long it'd been and how much you and Emily had grown. After a few icebreakers, you and her got into a very interesting conversation on the Mythical Pokemon of Kalos, Moltres. You were just discussing how if it's made of fire how the heck it doesn't burn itself, when a scream echoed through the shop that you knew all too well.

"Emily? Ems, are you ok?" You called, leaving Maggie standing confused by the counter and rushing through the aisles. When it was taking way too long, you sped up, and everything happened so fast. One minute you were rushing around a corner, and the next you were on the floor with a sharp pain in your head.