chapter 3

"Are you serious?!" Reva exclaimed.

"Absolutely."

"There's no way I can date Alejandro! That'll be so....so.....weird!"

"Fake-date," Ebun corrected.

"Alejandro, please tell her how dumb of an idea this is." Reva pleaded.

Alejandro wasn't listening. Because as soon as Ebun suggested that Reva should be the person he should date, all of his logic shot out the window and went straight thinking to what life would be like with Reva as his girlfriend. They would have to be around each other all the time, look at each other with love in their eyes, hold hands, kiss.......

10% of his mind was thinking 'Nope. Nuh uh. Don't even go there. This is the dumbest idea in the world. Why would I pretend to date my best friend?' This was the more moral part of his brain that actually thought deeply about situations and came up with smart and achievable solutions. However, the other 90% of his brain was being more of the 'act now, talk later' kind of side, and at the moment, it was thinking 'Yes, yes and yes. This is an amazing idea and nobody is going to suspect a thing.' This side of his brain was in lead at the moment.

"Ale?"

Reva's soft voice took him out of his thoughts. Her voice was so calming he could probably go to sleep listening to her. She was so amazing in general, her silliness, her kindness, her beauty. Alejandro loved absolutely everything about her and decided that she would be an amazing person to-

"Alejandro Rosario!" Ebun screamed.

"OH SHIT!" Alejandro yelled, nearly dropping face-first onto the floor.

"What the fuck could you have been thinking about to get so zoned out?"

How amazing Reva could be as a girlfriend.

"Oh, y-ya know, I was just uh.....um.....thinking."

Reva scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Well?" she asked.

A confused look shot upon the boy's face.

"What?"

"I asked you to tell Ebun how dumb this idea is," Reva rolled her eyes, as if he had just asked her what 1+1 was.

"Well, I thought about it for a bit-"

"Obviously."

"And I think it's not that bad of an idea."

"WHAT!" Reva screamed, shaking Alejandro by his shoulders.

"YES!" Ebun celebrated.

"Girls! Maybe keep the volume down a just little bit if you don't want a detention."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. But seriously Ale? You think it's a good idea?" Reva slowly removed her hands from Alejandro's shoulders, however she secretly enjoyed the warmth of his body.

"Well yeah. You really think it's that bad to fake-date me?" Alejandro asked, slightly hurt.

"No no no, nothing like that." Reva reassured him. "I just don't think I'm the best person for this."

A complete lie.

Reva was lying to her two best friends. In fact, she was pretty much lying to herself. She had never told anyone, but how could she? It was such a big thing that she was sure she was going to lose Alejandro if she told him, and even if she didn't, both him and Ebun would surely be mad that she had kept such a big secret from the two of them for such a long time. Because little did they know, was that Reva had the biggest crush on Alejandro. Ever since 8th grade. And she didn't plan to tell anybody any time soon.