Chapter Twenty-Three: You Twat, That's Called Nightmare

Jayden, Vanessa, Sam and Eliot was sprawled on the floor. That makes Mia and I were the only one sitting on the bed, a pizza box opened between us that we ordered fifteen minutes ago. I take a slice of the heaven and give a bite.

Half an hour ago, the four of them has taken up the beer bottle in their hands and didn't stop until they were completely wasted. I look down at them, who were snoring like a winded rhinoceros and altogether, they sounded like a damaged plane engine. After they got drunk, all of them acted really weird for sometimes, then they were sleeping. Just sleeping.

And us?

Mia doesn't drink. And I made a sacrifice for myself after one sip just because my house is the next one and I called my parents, told them that I'll sleepover at Rosetta's and said that Eliot wasn't leaving me so he's sleeping downstairs at Rosetta's brother Rylan's  room who was in Brooklyn for his college. Did I forget to tell that Rosetta has brother? Might've slipped my mind.

Mia glance up from her phone to me, as though trying to say something but close her mouths and looks at the rectangular thing again. With my mouth full of pizza, I somehow managed to choke out the words. "What is it?"

She gaze at me, hesitation written all over her face. "If you really like someone, how would you express your feelings?"

I smirk at her. "You really like him that much? You don't even know him properly."

"No it's not," her face turns red. "Okay maybe I do. But tell me what would you say?"

I ignore her question entirely. "You don't know Eliot, do you? Maybe it's just a crush? Maybe it will go away with time? Maybe you won't even remember him after some days?"

"Don't you understand?" She impatiently sad. "Evelyn, do I look like someone who dates? I don't date! I'm not what I look like. People think that I'm a hot headed brat by my first impression but I can't help it. It just comes!" She stops to look at me full in the eye. "I bet you did too."

I couldn't say anything at that.

The pizza was now eaten halfway-through, all of them by me as I take another slice again. "Look Mia, I know a person like you is tough and I support it 100 percent. But Eliot? He's a player. He  doesn't have a type. He doesn't date just like you don't. People are different from each other. I don't have any problem if you go and talk with him but then again, this one thing will stuck that he's a major jerk and a playboy. What can you do about it?" 

"I can talk to him about it." She mumbles.

I scoff. "Talk to him? He might blow you off in a flick. I'm telling you cause I think it's just a crush and it'll go away. Look, you're probably thinking that I'm telling you all of this because I don't like you but in reality, I'm telling you this because I don't want you to get hurt. Players doesn't change Mia."

"What if I can change him?" She whispers, looking at the snoring Eliot sideways.

I shrug. "Up to you. I'm not a love expert."

She nods then looked excited suddenly. "Hey you didn't answer me."

I take another bite. "Answer what?"

"What would you say to a person you think you like?" Mia asks, looking at me expectantly. I chuckle.

"What do you think I'll say?" I joke, wiggling my eyebrows.

She thinks for a moment to answer. "Maybe kick him in the balls for making you feel weird then hug him because you like him after all?"

I laugh. "You have a strange imagination but maybe I'll do that. Thanks for the idea."