Chapter Fifty-Three: Is It That Hard to Admit?

J A Y D E N

It's been a day and I still couldn't believe what I was doing.

I couldn't freaking look away from her.

I know it's weird since I can hardly remember the face of the person I slept with last time, but it was always like this when it came to her- as if she was bewitching me to make me stare at her without me even knowing it. Specially that day, at the rooftop when she stood on that ledge like she wasn't clumsy enough to fall into her death.

But the way she opened her hands out and they way the wind just made her hair and clothes fly everywhere, the way it left a freaking seal in my brain -I don't think anyone would've been able to look away let alone me.

I glared at the food on Austin's table, shaking my thoughts away.

Shit, what the hell am I thinking.

I dropped the spoon on my plate, not focused on it anymore and heard Vanessa screamed upstairs as I stood up, going around the counter. Being inside Austin's house, it wasn't that much of a big sound as it would've been if it was mine. Sighing, I leaned on the counter on my lower back and brought out my phone.

My messages were full with DM's from people I didn't even know nor had any idea how they got my number. Instead of checking any of them, I scrolled right down to Queen's number and clicked on it, a grin spreading across my face when I saw the 'Big Brain' call ID floated up on my screen.

I bit my lips, thinking about stuffs to write I knew would annoy her.

My fingers started o type something I didn't know when that had to stop since Vanessa had given another humongous yell. I gripped the phone in my had and clenched my eyes shut, feeling like punching the shit out of that dumbass.

"What the fuck, Van?!"

"Oi!" Her voice rang inside the house. "Come upstairs, I'm losing!"

Austin's dad had left yesterday which meant hanging out in my his place were frequent now. We found it comfortable here. I mean not that he didn't spoil us enough already, we all had our separate rooms (basically the ones no one used) upstairs.

Having nothing better to do anyway, I drop my phone on the counter and walked upstairs, taking my time doing it so I don't have to stay too much longer with that creature screaming nonsense nonstop. I dragged my feet upstairs to Austin's gaming room, trying to be a sloth and heard Van scream once again with the faint sounds of bullets firing in the background.

"FLYNN DO IT QUICK!"

"I'm coming," I sighed entering the room to see Vanessa half laying with her elbows propped, shaking her legs vigorously on the couch, wearing a headphone and staring at the screen in front of her where a hand with a gun was running towards a herd of people on a desert.

I stared at the screen and then at her then raised my eyebrows. "What?"

Vanessa's leg shaking got more vigorous as she tapped the gaming console with all her life to get rid of the armies running towards her. "You watching me? Help me get rid of this... MOTHERF-"

"You want me to help you when it's not even multiplayer?" I grinned, cutting her swearing off and walked forward, pushing her out of her place to plop on it as she yelped but was too busy to beat me up.

"You know it's not fair," she huffed after killing half of the people there were. "There isn't even one female character. Do they expect women to be just an Arabic bellydancer in games like this?"