Chapter Thirteen: She Is Not Disciplined

Gale came through the trees at an astonishing speed. He grinned as he saw us. “What a pleasant surprise,” He said, his voice soft like velvet.

He had changed so much, but kept so much. His scarred face was smooth at pale, with stubble still around his chin. His once green eyes were blood red. His once greasy and tangled brown hair was now soft, but still lightly curly, much like Jasper's. All his scars had gone, and all his imperfections had been smoothed out.

“Gale,” Carlisle greeted, no emotion in his voice.

Gale turned to him, his eyes thinning. “Elora, won’t you introduce me to your friends?” he said.

“My family,” I corrected him. “My mother Esme,” Esme smiled at him, but it quickly faded. “And my father Carlisle.” Carlisle nodded once.

“…Father?” Gale asked, stepping closer to Carlisle.

“I saved her at the hospital, and she became a part of my family,” Carlisle said. “I hope this does not make us rivals.”

Gale thought for a second, his eyes focused on Carlisle.

Suddenly Carlisle doubled forwards, his hands clutched to his chest. He twisted in pain on the floor and his eyes snapped shut. He let out a cry of pain that shook  every bone in my body. Esme and I stood where we were, frozen still. What was happening? My hand flew out, reaching for anything that I could use.

“Stop!” I whispered, and Gale ignored me. I reached out further, becoming more and more desperate. Whatever was happening to Carlisle, it was coming from Gale. Suddenly I felt something metal. I reached out further, and I felt it go shooting towards me. I had found a road sign from the road a few miles away. I could feel it flying towards me, and I aimed at Gale. The road sign suddenly appeared through the trees, and hit him around the back of his head, shaping around it. His eyes broke away from Carlisle, and he became still.

Esme rushed to his side, whimpering quietly.

A growl rose from my throat. My hand shot out again, and the road sign flew into it. Gale’s eyes widened.

“So… there is a certain power we are each gifted with?” he said, raising an eyebrow. “And yours is bending metal.”

I swiped my hand along the road sign, flattening out the dents. I stepped closer to Gale. He held out his hand.

“I wouldn’t do that,” He grinned, and his crimson eyes focused on me. Suddenly a searing pain shot through my chest, making my back arch. The pain felt like he was repeatedly stabbing me, but it was so much more painful than before. My hands flew up to my chest, but I couldn’t feel any dents in my skin. Through the pain, I realised what his power was. It was similar to Jane’s but instead of the pain being in all of my body, it was just in chest.

“S-stop,” I heard Carlisle stutter, only just getting his voice back. “We can sort this out another way.”

The pain stopped, and I felt Esme’s arms close around me.

“I-I’m fine,” I whispered. I stood up, still with her arms around me. Gale grinned again.

“What a family you’ve made yourself,” He said, looking at me, then Carlisle and Esme. His eyes stayed on Esme.

I stood in front of her, a growl rising from my throat. “Don’t you dare,” I spat, making sure that he couldn’t see Esme and hurt her. My hand shot out again, and the metal sign came to me.

“Oh, come on Elora. You know how this will end,” Gale sighed, looking at the signpost in my hand. “If you try to attack me, I will block you. One of us will tire before the other.”