Chapter Five: Seth Freshwater

**A quick authors note--I know it's seth clearwater not freshwater, but I didn't realise this at the time of writing the books and I cannot go through the entire trilogy of these fanfictions to change it because they are so long and I care so little about them now, so please, stop with the comments about it,I bloody know -.- **

One morning Bella and Edward came round with a little girl. At first, I thought she was a human because she had brown eyes, so I held my breath.

"Hi!" Bella greeted me, giving me a hug. In a matter of seconds, the whole family had gathered around us. Jasper was the closest to me. "Renesmee has been begging to meet you, so I thought that we should go today." Bella said, and the little girl gave me a gleaming smile. So, this was their child. She was half vampire. Surely she wouldn't smell like a human?

"No-" Edward began, but I had already breathed in. Bad idea.

Her smell was amazing. It was better than any food I have ever smelt. Through the smell of her vampire half, her scent of blood stood out and my throat burned for it. It was sweet, but not sickening. I could already taste it in my mouth, and I couldn’t wait. Suddenly I felt my arms being locked behind my back, but I knew that I would easily be able to break free. I pulled with all my strength, and the person's arms slipped away from mine. I lunged at Renesmee, but many arms wrapped themselves around my chest, pulling me back. I struggled forward, keeping my eyes focused on Renesmee. The hands gripped me harder, desperately trying to pull me away, but I was strong. Inch by inch, I felt my body slipping back, but the smell still pushed me forward. My lips curled around my teeth, and a hiss rose from my throat. My craving for blood grew stronger and stronger. The only time my eyes parted from Renesmee's was when I was pulled out of the door, and it closed. Most of the arms left me, and they went back inside, but Emmett’s were kept locked around me. He sat me down on the porch step.

My mind clicked into gear, as if I had just been asleep. I registered what I had just done. I shrugged off Emmett's arms, and he let go, knowing that I had calmed down. I put my head in my hands. I had let myself down so much. I was so stupid. How could I let myself attack my own niece? I was a monster. I heard Emmett stand and leave. I listened for their voices inside the house.

“She’s calmed down,” Emmett said, and I heard him collapse onto the sofa.

“She’s beating herself up about it,” Edward said, reading my thoughts.

“Carlisle, she knows you the best, maybe you should go out,” I heard Alice say, fear shaking her voice. I had even scared Alice.

The door opened, and Carlisle sat down next to me. “How are you?” he asked, in the same voice he would always use at the hospital. I faintly smiled, but it vanished when I answered him. 

“I’m a monster,” I whispered, keeping my head in my hands.

“No you are not," Carlisle said. " It is just how newborns react. They usually go for the victim much quicker than you did. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.”

“It was the first time I had seen her, and I attacked her. I’m so stupid.” I whispered. My eyes burned like they were going to cry, but no tears came. Vampires can't cry.

“You are not stupid. We are stupid for thinking that a newborn could handle the smell of human blood. Bella is the only newborn I know who can.” he said. I sighed.

“Have they gone home?” I whispered, looking up from my hands.

He nodded. “Renesmee started to get worried. They wanted to take her home to calm her down.”

I would have to wait for them to come back before I could apologize. Carlisle looked at me for a second before soundlessly standing back up. “You are a very strong, Elora. Don’t beat yourself up about it.” He said before he disappeared back into the house.