Chapter 1: Home

Edited
----------

Chapter 1: Home

Shin-Hye and Seo-Joon were currently sitting on a sofa in the living room, cuddling like a teenage couple while watching a movie.

They were talking about how Taehyung pranked his step-dad, Seo-Joon, earlier that morning and how happily and proudly Taehyung told that to her mom.

"I can't believe our son, Taehyung, literally prank me with the gelatin coffee. I didn't even realize it." Seo-Joon sighed while caressing her hair.

"Yeah, he was actually telling me that earlier. I guess he wants you to give time on our son because you were so busy." Shin-Hye said while chuckling.

"So it's my fault because I'm busy?" Seo-Joon pouted.

"Of course, I can't scold him, he's still our baby." Shin-Hye giggled and she's on Taehyung's side.

Seo-Joon playfully scoffed and was about to say something when he was cut off by a knock.

*knock~* *knock~*

"I'll check who it is." Shin-Hye said as she stood up and walked towards the door.

"Who's th—"

Saying Shin-Hye was shocked was an understatement. She was beyond shock. She can't believe who was in front of her. She was hoping it was just her nightmare.

Standing in front of her was a man wearing a black and white striped loose dress shirt made of silk, partnered with a pair of black pants.

Her eyes were wide than their usual size while anxiously looking at the man.

The man was also wearing two ear piercings on his right/left ear. The fact that the man standing in front of him was hot and a five-course meal wasn't the reason that she was shocked.

It was because the man standing in front of him was none other than…

"Hi, eomma. Long time no see."
Jeon Jungkook snickered while looking at them.

"So, how are you, son? It's been a long time..." Seo-Joon quietly said swallowing down to lessen the thickened awkwardness.

Like Shin-Hye, he was also shocked to see a fully grown-up man. Seo-Joon wants to throw up. He was guilty yet he can't help but think that what he did was also right.

He made his son leave at a young age. He wasn't there when his son needed his help. He wasn't there to guide him. He wasn't there when his puberty hit. He
wasn't there.

But at the same time, as much as he was guilty, he was also relieved. He knows that if Jungkook won't be sent far, his obsession might take over him than it is supposed to be.

So, he was relieved because he knew that Jungkook had already moved on. It's been 7 years after all. But little did he know that taking Jungkook away from Taehyung will only make it worse. He thought it was the best solution for both of them.

"Well, as you can see, I'm fine. How about you, eomma and appa? Are you glad after sending me alone in America?" Jungkook gave his fakest smile as if he was the innocent person who ever existed.

Fuck, even though he loves his parents, he wasn't here for them—he came back for his precious
baby.

Shin-Hye was hiding her hands on her back, she was shaking and sweating nervously. She can't look properly at him. Seo-Joon was about to open his mouth to speak.

"Eomma, Appa, who are you talking to? Who's that?" From upstairs, Taehyung asked his parents.

He was trying to peek his head to see who's the person on the door.

"It's me, Jungkook, your hyung." Jungkook smirked while he was glaring at his parents.

Taehyung was shocked to see his step-brother.

For a second, he was glued to the floor. Then, it hit him. He ran downstairs excited to hug him.

"HYUNG!"

And then, Jungkook was engulfed with a warm embrace by Taehyung who was now sobbing so loudly. He might be used by his hyung's empty
presence but he fucking missed him. Finally, he was in his hyung's arms after for so long. He missed his hyung's warm hugs.

Jungkook looked at their parents for them to give them some privacy. They immediately got it and left the two alone and went to the living room.

"H-hyung…" Taehyung said after a few minutes of sobbing.

He was just sniffling now and he couldn't let go of his brother yet so he clung to him like a koala. His legs were wrapped around Jungkook's waist and arms around his neck.

"Hey, baby, why are you crying? Did you miss me that much that I made you cry?" Jungkook inquired softly and smiled.

"I missed y-you so much, h-hyungie. Why are you just coming back right now? Did you know that I'm always looking for you? How can you leave me like that? You're so mean." Taehyung sniff

"I missed you too, baby. I'm so sorry for leaving you, don't cry, please. You don't need to worry, hyung won't leave you. I will stay by your side from now on no matter what happens. I promise." Jungkook kissed the younger's forehead.

"Promise?" Taehyung uttered cutely and show his pinky finger.

"I promised." Jungkook smiled and connected their fingers.

Taehyung snuggled on the crook of Jungkook's neck.

"Make sure that or else I will stay like this just to make sure you won't leave me again." Taehyung uttered.

"I won't, just trust me, baby." Jungkook mumbled pecking the top of Taehyung's head.

The simple gesture made Taehyung relax and soon, he fell into a deep slumber in his
brother's arms.

"What he's doing here? He was supposed to live in America in his entire life, that's what you told me." Shin-Hye mumbled.

"I don't know what happened but we can't do anything about it. Look how happy Taehyung was after seeing him." Seo-Joon retorted in a hushed tone.

"You have to do anything to separate them." Shin-Hye replied.

She leaves him alone while Seo-Joon can't help but sigh.