Chapter 20

Athenas POV

I ran out the door after Leo.

It was really dark outside tonight so I had to be a little careful.

"Leo!" I whispered screamed.

I don't know why I was whispering but I was.

I walked around the house and there he was sitting on the bench with his head in his hands.

I walked to him and sat next to him , I don't think he even noticed me until I put my hand on his back because he jumped and looked up startled but when he saw it was just me he put his head back into his hands.

"Leo I know it's hard but I'm here for you." I said rubbing his back.

"I should've seen this coming my life was going to good I almost had you , life is never good for me like my father said this is my karma."

"Karma? For what I don't understand."

He looked at me.

"Athena, how did you think we got all this money? How did you think at 19 years old I was able to buy you a shop and start it up for you?"

Now thinking about it , it all made sense I just thought he was rich and white it sounds about right. I never questioned where he got his money I just thought he was rich.

"So how do you make your money?"

"Athena my family is basically a drug wholesale for the mafia , any mafia you know we've most likely sold a huge shitload of drugs to them and they sell them."

"Athena we've killed people before."

Now that was something I wasn't expecting.

"W-what?"

"Not literally! God no , but basically the blood is on our hands we gave the mafia drugs and they sold those drugs to people who had drug issues and our drugs made people drug addicts and over dose before."

This was a lot to take in. We was just talking about his unfortunately dying mom and now I'm finding out my ex lover is a drug cartel giver or whatever you want to call it.

"Now all those people we've killed this is our karma. I can't keep no one I love in my life."

"Leo." I said sighing.

"First god took you the only thing good in my life except for my family and now they're taking my mom too." He said laughing dryly and humorless.

My eyes started to water.

"Leo you always have me." I said wiping some tears that somehow fell.

"No I don't I don't have anyone , Athena for years we've loved each other and here we are now , the only reason your here is because you pity me!" He said standing up.

Looking up at him with his face into the light I finally see how his face looks. It's red and he has been crying.

It breaks my heart to think he has no one.

"Leo-"

"Maybe it's good we aren't working out. You could barely open up to me , I'm in the mafia this is gods way of telling us we never are gonna work out."

My tears started to fall now a lot.

"Leo don't say that." I stand up saying.

" I love you Athena, more than I love myself but if you think about it we are really strangers we know nothing about each other."

He turned around a put his back towards me.

"I'll see you around." He said walking away.

I'll see you around ? How fucking dare his stupid ass.

I took a deep breath remembering he's hurting right now and it's not about me and him but his mom.

After he left I stood there a full minute literally comprehending our whole conversation I just can't believe all of this.

I love Leo with all my heart and I know he's upset right now.

Just like he fought for our relationship it's my turn now me and Leo are meant to be he's broken and I'll be the one to fix him.

Hey you guys author here lol this was really a filler chapter so yea it's kinda short this time but it's okay and I'll be updating my other story too so 😂 but if you didn't go check it out already "IWYLM" see you guys next chapter !!