Chapter thirty-Seven: Pain in the dark

Jihyo's POV

"I'm sorry Ma'am but you need to stay here while the doctors fix your fiancé in the er." The paramedics said and that was the time I let go of Y/n's hand.

I stared at y/n until the doors shut closed. My eyes were starting to water and any second I could scream at the top of my lungs for seeing my girlfriend in the hospital bed.

"You need to explain. The three of you." Chaeyoung behind me. I didn't want to turn around and let them see me in this state.

I silently cried and just listened to their conversation, pretending I'm looking at the small window. I can't look at her right now withtout even holding her. I'll pass out...

"Chae.." Tzuyu started but and everybody remained silent. It was dead silent no one wants to hear. All I could hear was my sniffling and my heart beat going crazy.

"Where is she?" I heard Chloe's voice behind me that made me turn around.

I saw y/n's mother and the three of her sisters'.

Eli's eyes met mine and that's when I burst out all my tears.

"Jihyo.." I heard eli said and came towards me, embracing me for comfort.

"Tzuyu just tell them. I'll talk to a doctor." Nayeon said and walked out the scene.

"Y-Y/n.. She uh.. fuck." Tzuyu dropped on the chair her tears finally spilling her cries and emotions.

Sana was the only one who rushed to her for comfort. She sat down beside a crying Tzuyu while rubbing her back.

Sana looked up to meet everyone's eyes. "Y/n is sick. She has asd. A hole in the heart.." Sana said finally.

Sehun scoffed not wanting to believe what sana said to him. But he soon started to feel water in his eyes that made him walk out and never looked back.

Chaeyoung and Mina was frozen in place didn't know what to do or how to react.

"She's... What..?" I said and eli just shushed me.

"I'm Sorry we couldn't tell you sooner Jihyo.
y/n was afraid to tell everyone, even you." Eli said and I let go of her and ran away.

Everything I know.. I thought I knew.. Was all bullshit.

~~

Two weeks later

I sighed as I dropped on the chair. My hair was a little messy and I have a plastic bag on my hand full of food. I haven't eaten since this morning and It's already night.

"Gosh I'm starving love." I said and set the plastic on the side table for me to prepare. I just smiled like everything is normal.

I grabbed the chopstick and opened the lid on my rice and the food I bought from down the street.

I crossed my legs and took a bite. I moaned in deliciously from the full of taste I just had.

"Gosh I felt like I haven't eaten in forever." I said and keep eating.

I heard the television turning to a breaking news.

"Reporter Kim junghae, From the shocking news of Im Y/n rushing to the hospital two weeks ago, to Park Jihyo, Myoui Mina and Oh Sehun being off radar for the past two weeks also. It's obvious these artist are dealing with many problems, especially their friends' latest sickness. But what is Im Y/n's illness? None of her family members confirmed her condition but we are yet to wait for news. Park Jihyo also spotted going in and out the hospital with a poor posture and face mask. Here's a pic-"

I turned off the television, tired from everyone's curiosity butting in our private life.

"Just wake up love. I miss you." I said sighing in the process. I caressed her pale face watching how her chest move up and down.

After eating I dropped everything I used for eating in the trash and just laid down on the couch with me intently watching how y/n just lays there.

"I miss you so fucking much.." I whispered letting a tear drop and letting myself sleep.

~~

"Go wake her up! It's your idea."

"As if! You do it."

"I'm not the one who said to wake up my sisters' girlfriend."

"Just fucking wake her up!"

I heard two people arguing and I couldn't help but to open my eyes.

"Would you two shut up? I'm trying to sleep here." I said closing my eyes again when I saw Nayeon and Jeongyeon looking at me.

"Ji, It's 1 pm, you should wake up." Nayeon said setting a chair in front of me.

"Just wake me up when y/n does.." I whispered and covered my face with a pillow.

They both went silent and I just closed my eyes again letting myself fall asleep.

~~

No one's pov

"Shit now what?" Nayeon said to Jeongyeon who shrugged.

"Let her be. She's suffering as well. We can't drag her on her feet to her house." Jeongyeon said and her girlfriend sighed deeply.

"It's been two weeks. That girl has been going in and out of the hospital. She sometimes hasn't even eaten properly."

"It's just the way it is. Let's just let her grieve properly. People deal with pain differently."

~~

"Hey love.. It's been a month now.." Jihyo was sniffling. She came into an arguement with Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung scolded her for not eating and sleeping in the right time. She didn't have the energy to do so.

"I love you.. I miss you.." She said holding tight onto you.

"Please wake up.. I can't handle the pain anymore. I n-need you here for me again." She whispered emotionally and wholeheartedly.

"I miss your kisses. the kisses you make me feel special.. Your hugs that made me so safe. And I miss hearing your voice that would tell me that you love me." She sobbed and tears falling constantly.

"Everyone here wants to see your eyes full of energy again. Your smile that would brighten a dark room. and your presence that would make us happy like you are."

"But most importantly.. We need you to recover. Doctor said tomorrow you'll undergo surgery. they had found a heart donor and I kept showering him with thank you's. You deserve to fulfill your dreams in a happy life without pain."

The crying girl bent down and kissed y/n on the cheek, not wanting to part. But when she did she whispered lowly.

"three words.. and you know that.."

~~