Chapter 25 - Til Death...

My eyes were heavier than a mountain. The Calisterei made it their mission to make sure I got no sleep, so I was more than eager to leave the room when Xaphan came and got me. He leads me to the room I used to be in and left me there to get ready.

The raven and the red-haired demons were left to style my hair and get me all pretty for my 'future husband'. I don't know what happened to the brunette one, but I'm sure Xaphan made sure she didn't do anything possibly sabotaging. The girls had been lifting my long blonde hair in different directions trying to see where it would look good, tugging hard when I started dozing off.

The raven-haired one started applying foundation and concealer when the redhead figured what to do with my hair. She started curling my hair, making it's nice and thick, then sprayed it with something that smelt salty. She then blowdried it then took a section of my hair and started combing it.

Meanwhile, my eyebrows were being defined and drawn in, making them look... Actually good. She then primed my eyelids and started pressing a dark blush colour into my crease. She blended it out then put some tape substance on top of my cheekbones, just touching the corner of my eye. The then dipped into a dark brown and placed it right in the middle of my lid, building it up to the crease. She took the blush colour again and blended the two so it didn't look completely separate from each other. Next came the eyeliner not leaving my lash area and then took a shimmery black and placed it on top. Lastly was the mascara, highlighter, and a dark liquid lip.

The raven-haired girl then stepped back and looked at her masterpiece. I will admit, for someone who used to live in hell and probably didn't have an actual human face to work on or any makeup products — she did amazing. My face has never looked better. I was almost mesmerized.

My hair had been split into ponytails and wrapped around to form a loose wavy bun.

"How do you feel?" The redhead asked me, gazing at me in the vanity mirror they had brought in.

"Like I need a three-day sleep."

"Here." The raven head pulled out a glass bottle containing a pink liquid in it out of her makeup bag. "This will help." She sprayed it right into my face, making me sneeze immediately. The moment I let out my sneeze it felt like I had drunk three cups of coffee and taken half a line of cocaine. I was more alert than ever.

"Now, let's get you dressed."

They pulled me to the middle of the room and dressed me up the way they did the day before. Normal black stilettos were on my feet, the Industria Vine around my ankle and black stud earrings in my ears. Redhead pulled something out of a box and turned to me. In her hands was a black spiked crown.

"What's with the crown?"

"A queen needs a crown." She smiled, placing it delicately on top of my head. She then moved to remove my mother's necklace, but I stopped her.

"Can I at least keep this on? It's special to me."

"It doesn't fit the look, but I'll keep it safe in my bag." I reluctantly let her remove it from my neck and place it in the right pocket of her bag. My neck felt naked without it on.

The girls stepped back and admired their work.

"You know, for a witch, you look beautiful." The raven-haired one complemented.

"Although you insulted me multiple times yesterday, your not the worst demons I've met."

They both smiled like I had touched their hearts with my words. "Now to walk you-"

"Oh wait!" The redhead exclaimed. "I was thinking yesterday when we were planning your lookout that we should add a hairpin instead of a regular nude elastic band — it'd look better with the theme." She carefully removed the hair band without letting any of my hair go out of place and secured it tightly with the sharp black pin.