Chapter 9 - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

"Holy shit, that's crazy!" Rina exclaimed after I told her everything that's happened in the past three days

"Holy shit, that's crazy!" Rina exclaimed after I told her everything that's happened in the past three days. We were sitting in Wanda's, a coffee shop that was popular in town, sipping on lattes like normal people.

"Yeah, and very tiring." I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

"So what does it feel like to die and then be resurrected?"

"Exhilarating." I shrugged and took a sip of my caramel latte. "I still feel like there is dry blood hiding in my hair."

Rina giggled and looked out the window, watching the people walking by. "So we really could die at any moment?"

"Possibly." I nodded. "But I doubt it's just going to kill everyone. Demons are smart, way smarter than us humans. Some have been alive for years and can see everything from the depths of hell."

"Maybe Satan is planning something?"

I shook my head and placed my half-finished cup down, "No, The Dark Angel isn't about domination. He keeps all the crazies with him and keeps them maintained so they don't go out and kill people. The rest of us get to go to the underworld and do whatever they do down there."

"So then what are you going to do?" Rina inquired.

"I'm going to get the box."

"You're going to get a box that you don't even really know where it is, alone?"

"I know where it is. The Dark Angel told me and I just have to follow the feeling." I swirled my drink around. "Plus, I'm not going alone — Avernus is coming with me."

"Avernus, the guy that you only met, what, two days ago? How do you know he won't try to murder you?" Rina argued.

"Because Kylon trusts him, so I trust him." I justified.

"So?! Look, you shouldn't travel alone with this guy."

"So what do you suggest?"

"That I go with you." She answered with confidence. "I'm your best friend, we've been through suicide runs for sport and camp at a definitely haunted place together. This could be another adventure!"

"Rina, this isn't like that. You don't understand the danger of my world as much as you think you do. You can't come."

"Yes, I can. I'll bring my dads' machete and a couple of kitchen knives." She insisted.

"No, I'm not letting you put yourself in danger."

"I'm already in danger with those things flying around wherever they are! I would feel more protected if I were with you."

"If you want to feel protected, stay with Kylon," I said in a serious tone, pushing my drink away. "As you said, you're my best friend, and I can't have you killed because of me. Please, don't come." I pleaded.