Chapter 2️⃣

(RM's POV)

As I had said before I didn't know any of my classmates' name, despite the fact that I probably had heard them countless times all these years. I just didn't have any interest when it came to them.

So, when I tilted my head up to look at the guy, my desk mate, I couldn't identify his name. Sneakily, I looked at his name tag and to my surprise his surname was Kim too.

“Yah what are you doing there? That's my desk!” an angry voice said from behind the guy, making him turn around.

“Excited? You won't be for long Seokjin.” with that the guy went to his own desk, smirking at the other guy from there.

“Yah! Shut up Taehyung!” giving Taehyung a fake glare Jin faced me again, a small smile on his face, “Hi! I'm Kim Seokjin

“Yah! Shut up Taehyung!” giving Taehyung a fake glare Jin faced me again, a small smile on his face, “Hi! I'm Kim Seokjin. It's a pleasure to be your desk mate.”

I stared at his face, waiting for what he was actually thinking, but couldn't

I stared at his face, waiting for what he was actually thinking, but couldn't. I frowned at that and gave Seokjin a curtly nod and went back to reading my book. To my delight Seokjin went at the back of the room to his friends.

The new seat plan had everyone dreading the rest of the year and my head was starting to hurt from all that complaining and irritated thoughts.

My head was in a comfortable state for only 5 minutes or so until our homeroom teacher arrived and everyone in the room started thinking.

That was not comfortable and I let out a pained groan, “You okay?” Seokjin asked while sitting down.

“Huh? Yeah...” I sounded irritated because of my headache but unfortunately Seokjin thought that it was directed to him.

That was when his words didn't match his thoughts, “Oh okay.” “It's going to be hard...”

“Ok guys...” and for the rest of the day, I concentrated solely on what my teachers' said. Trying my best to ignore the disappointed thoughts of my desk mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I'm back Mom.” I quietly shut the front door and forced myself to greet my Mom who was busy working in the kitchen.

“Oh hey Sweetie! How did your day go?” she asked while wiping her hands?

“It was okay.”

“Oh...ah...” her spirits died down “What is wrong with me? I can't even think of something to talk about with my son...”

“The seat plan got changed...”

“Oh really?! So who is your new desk partner?” I felt relieved to see that her spirits sprung back to life again.

“It's another Kim actually” I chuckled, “Do you think we are related or something?”

“Well...there are a lot of Kims out there...what's his name?”

“Seokjin.”

“That's such a great name. Are you two friends?”

My smile disappeared at that, Seokjin's thoughts and what Taehyung had said to came back to me.

My parents didn't really know that I had no friends at school, that I was an outcast. I didn't want them to worry about me more.

“Please don't say anything negative...his expression doesn't look good though...”

So I said something neutral, “We are now.”

“That's nice! Go get fresh...your Dad will be back soon.”      “He completely dodged the answer...I hope it's true though.”

Guess she caught my trick... “Okay Mom.” and giving her a small smile and went to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night as I was lying on my bed I wondered about what actually happened that day.

I, who didn't know any of my classmates' name all these years suddenly just learnt two new names.

Then something else started bothering me. “I wish I could control this power of mine.” I sighed.

Having to listen to people's thoughts was tiring. It's not like I remember most of the thoughts that I hear and in crowded places I couldn't really concentrate on one thought. Everyone's thoughts just get jumbled up, giving me a free headache.

Putting these thoughts aside I was finally able to fall asleep after some difficulty.