Chapter 2️⃣0️⃣

(Third Person POV)

The next morning at school, both Namjoon and Jin were feeling awkward as they sat beside each other throughout class time. Both were equally confused about the intimate moment they shared and didn't know how to react to it, so they avoided it and each other too, till the time came for their detention.

Namjoon learnt, quite disappointedly, that the teacher in charge was absent and on top of that, they were the only ones to have detention that day.

When the class hour ended, Namjoon quickly packed his bag and left without Jin, he desperately needed some time to compose himself. As for Jin, he found himself unable to get up from the chair. A few minutes passed and Jin sighed, realising that he couldn't escape the situation. So, with heavy steps, he headed for the detention room.

Inside, Namjoon was cleaning the blackboard. Seeing him made Jin stop in his tracks and he had to take a long breath before he could continue walking. “Let's pretend I don't exist.” He thought to himself as he silently made his way towards the last row and sat down on one of the desks.

Ten minutes passed just like that and when Namjoon was done cleaning the blackboard, he murmured to himself, “What now?”

“Namjoon?”

Startled by Jin's unexpected attention, Namjoon's voice cracked when he replied, “Y-yeah?”

“Why are we acting like this?”

Namjoon frowned, the answer was unknown to him too so, he asked instead, “Are you mad at me?”

“Why would I be?”

“Because I invaded your privacy...”

“Well... there's nothing you can do about it.”

“Yeah...if I could I'd stop reading minds too but like you said I got nothing on it.”

“Your parents know?”

“No... you are the only one.”

“I... feel flattered.” Jin chuckled, successfully lightening up the mood.

“You should,” Namjoon replied as he sat down on the desk beside Jin's.

“So...what's Iambic Pentametre?”

“Uh?”

“Didn't you say you'd help me with English?”

“Oh yeah right. Right. Iambic Pentametre... yeah. In poems it's a line that has five metrical feet where the stress on each syllable goes like daDUM daDUM.” (A/N- this some shit I actually had to learn lol)

Confusion clouded Jin's face as said, “Dadum dadum?” making Namjoon burst out in laughter. “Why are you laughing?” Jin scowled.

“You look so cute.” Namjoon managed to say in between laughter.

“Oh...Well, explain this dadum dadum!”

They were so engrossed in themselves that they completely failed to notice the figure standing near the door, eavesdropping on their conversation for the past ten minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Unlike what they had thought, the two hours passed fairly quickly and by the end of it their relationship was back to normal and Jin finally understood how Sonnets work.

As they parted their ways, the same thought crossed both of their minds...

“I can't wait for tomorrow!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Okay... I can explain.

A lot of unexpected things happened in the last couple of days and it was too hectic for me. So, I couldn't update the FF; not only this but I was also not able to write any draft chapters...the journey is going to be bumpy, as you can guess. So, sorry for what I did (didn't update) and will probably do (delayed and uncertain updates). 🥺🥺🥺