Chapter 2️⃣3️⃣

(Third Person POV)

Like they had planned, the two walked towards Namjoon's house in silence after school. Jin wanted to talk but upon noticing the calm look on Namjoon's face, he held himself back.

Once they arrived at their destination, Namjoon told Jin to go wait in his room to which Jin complied without asking any questions. After comfortably taking a seat on the bed, Jin looked around the room carefully.

Namjoon's room looked as usual expect one corner of the room where there was a dustbin. Jin furrowed his brows in confusion at the overflowing amount of crumpled paper, “Was he trying to solve an equation or what?” Jin snickered but couldn't move his eyes away, “Well... whatever...” sighing, he went ahead to pick one up.

“What is he even...” Jin started smoothening out a piece of paper while murmuring to himself, “... trying to do” and continued with his task. Once it was completely smooth, he exclaimed in joy and began reading the contents.

Jin,

I have to confess something to you. I should have done this earlier but unfortunately, I only realised my feelings yesterday. I think I may have fall-

What are you doing?” Namjoon walked in at that moment, with a plate of snacks.

Jin, who was fairly surprised, quickly dropped the paper and turned towards him, “Nothing! Absolutely nothing!” he replied, followed by nervous laughter.

His awkward actions made Namjoon burst out in laughter and Jin looked at him questioningly, “You looked awfully cute,” Namjoon explained and then murmured to himself, “...so much so that you are making me nervous too.”

Flustered, Jin cleared his throat to compose himself and asked, “What did you want to say?”

“Oh...yeah. Should I beat around the bush or just go straight for it?”

“Just...go for it, I guess.”

“I li-”

“Joonie?! Joonie?” Mrs Kim's voice interrupted Namjoon and he went to open the door, “Oh... you are alright, right?”

“Yes, Mom... I a-”

“Seokjin-ah?” she finally noticed Jin who was sitting on the bed right behind her son, “Oh sweetie... I have to tell you something. Joon-ah? Can you leave, please?”

“Mom, please don't. I was just about to talk to hi-”

“No! I nee- I will talk to him. Please leave.”

Namjoon sighed and left without asking any questions, all the while deliberately avoiding Jin's anxious eyes.

Mrs Kim waited a while to make sure that he left and then turned towards Jin, her eyes all teary. That made Jin forget about his anxiety and instead a sense of concern washed over him, “Are you okay?” he asked gently.

The obvious concern in his voice made Mrs Kim lose all her composure and she let the tears fall freely, “Yesterday... Namjoon...he...”

“You need to calm down first, Mrs Kim... I underst-”

“No! You don't! Joonie kept crying and I asked him what was wrong so many times! I could only ask him... But he said I wouldn't understand! How will you understand the pain of a mother who hears this from her own child?!”

“I wonder if Mom feels the same way...” Jin snapped himself back to the present and hesitantly embraced the crying woman who reminded him of his mother.

As he gently patted her back, his gaze drifted over to the pile of papers again. It didn't take him long to put two and two together. So, when Mrs Kim finally calmed down and went downstairs, sending Namjoon back, Jin stared at the latter's face and began talking, “Dude... your Mom definitely sees me as her son and weirdly enough she reminds me of my Mom too.”

“What are you talking about?”

“We should start dating.”