Pursuing Home

Nox

Nox sank to his knees in respect for his Alpha- his father, his leader. Behind him, Nina and Alakay repeated the gesture. Alpha Suwarii was a true born werewolf blessed with nine hundered years of age. Although his crowned and beaded hair had turned white, he remained the strongest man in the pack- Nox dreamed of being like his father one day. The Alpha had aged, but his physique had remained that of an athlete. He ruled with a firm grasp- strong, but kind. His subjects remained loyal to him.

"I have brought Nina and her mate, Alakay Finch to our home, father."

"Was the journey profitable?"

"Yes father, I have sent our guardians to eradicate the mole among our midst."

"Who was it and where was he found?"

"The mole is female, father. Antionetta Pascal is her name. She wanted to ruin our reputation amongst neigboring packs by attacking Nina and holding her hostage. She also had plans to let one of the rougues have his way with our own. She had made a deal with the rougue Alpha in exchange for safe passage to her mate in the no-mans land."

"I see she has not learnt her lesson. She purposefully tried to hurt our own for the third time now. She will be dealt with swiftly at dawn."

"I respect your judgement father." Nox bowed. He knew his father's decision was made. The alpha had given the female three chances. Her mate had been exiled because he had killed a pack member in anger. She was given a choice to join him when he left, but she chose to stay. This was the third time she had asked for help from rouges into attacking pack guardians and now she had purposefully targetted Nina. The alpha had had enough. She would be dealt with. No one hurt their own and got away with it.

The Alpha turned to Alakay. "I welcome you, Alakay Finch, to my family."

Alakay bowed deeply but remained silent. The alpha observed his daughter's mate.

"I sent my daughter to find her mate with the promise that there will be no mating before the age of twenty. I expect you and her to honor that promise."

Alakay's cheeks reddened but he stood firm. "I will, sir."

"We will hold a feast in your honor, daughter, for you have found and chosen your other half."

"Thank you, father." Nina went up to hug him. The Alpha wrapped his arms around his only daughter.

"I am glad you are safe and happy, Nina. Goddess has blessed you." Remarked the old man, his expression soft. He quickly kissed her forehead before letting her go.

"Were the gifts received well, Nina?" He asked worried.

"Yes father, once the Diamond Alpha restored my luggage I gave him and his Luna your gifts. I also gave Alakay's mother and father the presents I got for them."

"I am pleased that they weren't lost and that they were well received." He said and Nina bowed.

Nox tied his hands behind his back. He felt nervous for the first time bringing up the subject. "Father. I have some news."

The Alpha turned to his son. "What is it?"

Nox cleared his throat and stood straighter, "I have found my mate."

The Alpha's eyes widened. He heard Nina gasp loudly. "Who is it, son?" The alpha asked, "You should have started with this news!"

"Father my mate is a male," Nox replied. "His name is Nico Tailor."

Nina smacked Nox's arm. "You're telling me this NOW?!!" She choked. Then a look of horror crossed her face. "Do you have any idea what you have done?"

"What do you mean, Nina?" Asked the old man. "What is wrong?"

"In the whole time Nox was there at Nico's house, he showed zero emotion to his mate, father! Even I didn't know or feel that Nico was his chosen! I felt like Nico was quieter than usual but I didn't suspect this!" She exclaimed to the alpha and then turned to smack Nox on his head, "HOW COULD YOU?!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!! He's probably hurting horribly right now! Knowing him, he probably thinks he has been rejected! He is the LAST person who deserves this! Tell him Alakay!" She turned to her mate, holding her head in her hand then swiftly walking away to reduce her stress. Nox heard he say 'Oh Goddess!' repeatedly.

Alakay seemed equally shocked at the news and stepped up infront of Nox. "Nico is a very good man. He doesn't deserve to be rejected. He is my best friend. You have hurt my friend." He spoke in a voice that clearly showed repressed anger.

"I am not going to reject my mate." Stated Nox, looking at all three members of his family. "I was on official duty to my pack. I wasn't searching for my mate, neither did I bring any gifts with me for his pack. It wouldn't have been right for me to approach him or his family empty handed. It would show I have no respect for them."

"They don't do traditions as strictly as we do, brother! You should have mentioned something to him or his Alpha. For now, you have left Nico with no hope of ever seeing you again. How do you think he would feel?!" Nina declared. "I mean, I've only known him for less than a week, but he is a very selfless and hardworking person AND he has no family other than Emma. He deserves no pain. Please fix this quickly. I want to see you happy."

Alpha cleared his throat. "Your mate sounds like a good man, Nox. I would like to see you happy. Contact the Diamond Alpha as soon as you can and take gifts with you so you can bring your mate home."

"Yes, father." Nox bowed.

Nina had lived with his mate for three days and she spoke so highly of him. Did he truly deserve a man of such high stature? He would do all in his power to win his mate back. He thought fondly of the the silver haired boy with crystal-blue eyes who wore a cookie monster shirt and looked absolutely edible everytime he blushed— Nox had had extreme difficulty controlling himself at his mate's house. His mate was a man with magic hands and a brain as big as the Everest. Nox grinned to himself as he exited his father's mansion and made his way to the pack treasury to procure gifts for Nico's pack and family; but first, he had a call to make.