Longing for Home

Nico

On this day, the Elders tied the hands of Sarah and Jay together in white ribbon and prayed for the newly mated. Sarah and Jay were mated before Goddess. The elders blessed the newly weds and the Alpha and Luna smiled warmly at the new couple.

"To Sarah and Jay!" Nico exclaimed, as he raised his glass. The action was followed by all the pack members and cheers went all around.

Sarah was Nico's best best best friend since diapers. They had grown together as neighbors and partners in crime. The first time Nico had met Sarah was when Sarah's mom and her mate had moved to the neighborhood. Sarah was one, Nico was nine months old. Nico's mom told him that the first time Nico met Sarah, she had bitten his nose with her newly emerging sharp teeth. Up until this day Nico taunted Sarah on how she was a pain in his life through and through and Sarah always claimed that he secretly loved her too much to admit it. She also denied all her crimes commited against Nico, including the nose bite.

Today Sarah was dressed in a white cinderella wedding gown- courtesy of her parents. She danced a slow dance with her mate and husband, Jay who she had met in school at the age of ten. Sarah hadn't known that Jay was going to be her mate, but Jay, being of age had known since the very day.

Nico smiled and exchanged pleasantaries with his pack members. The Alpha and Luna had even invited some neighbouring pack elders. Nico even greeted pack doctors that had come from the Bloodmoon pack. He was a Speech-Language Pathologist himself and worked in the pack hospital's rehab department. Sometimes when the humans needed help at other hospitals Nico was sent there along with his rehab team members.

Learning oppurtunities were quite few for Nico. He had lost his parents at the age of five in a traumatic car accident. Usually minor accidents didn't hurt werewolves due to their quick healing, but from what Nico found, his parents didn't stand a chance that night after having a collision with a fully loaded oil tanker.

Mr. And Mrs. Tailor, Nico's parents, had left Nico and his younger sister, Emma with Sarah's parents to go celeberate their seventh mating anniversary. They were on their way back when they had had the accident leaving Nico and Emma orphans.

The pack took up Nico and Emma into their houses for the first few weeks until Mrs. Levi, Sarah's mother had put down her foot and gone up to the Alpha to fight for keeping Nico and Emma. The years went by and Nico, Emma and Sarah were raised by the same hands. Alpha and Luna had funded Nico and Emma's education and for that he was extremely grateful.

Nico did all that was asked of him as a pack member and then a little more. He never complained where his Alpha sent him. He worked extra hours helping his community. With a lot of hard work over the years, Nico had saved up enough money to buy himself a decent suite home. He had payed Emma's tuition fee ever since emma was in her final year at university. Sometimes when natural disasters happened he was found amongst the first few who left their comfort to aid others with the little they had. The Alpha and Luna were decent people who repeatedly told him that he was doing enough already, but Nico still felt indebted.

As he watched Sarah twirl around once more in her mates arms, he felt a twinge in his heart. There was a strange pull that he found he could not ignore any longer. It was times like these when Nico truly felt very lonely. For the first time that day, while sitting amidst friends and family, Nico wished for a mate.

It was not that he had not searched for his mate, more that Nico's mate was not one of the pack members and Nico couldn't afford traveling around the world, searching for his mate on his own.

There were certain protocols to be followed in those cases and many lavish and extravagant gifts had to be given to the mate's pack Elders, Alpha and family, which he couldn't afford on his own and would never ask that of his pack. So he remained silent and hoped that everytime at some event when Alpha and Luna invited other members to their pack, his mate would be among the party. Nico was hoping the same for today. But he hadn't seen, smelt or even felt his mate closeby.