At Last Home

Nico

*** mature content***

Nico woke to the sound of Nox singing in his shower– he had a mellifluous voice . He rolled over once in his warm bed and then sat up to see his mate come out of his bathroom door with only a towel around his lower half. Nico's eyes widened and his mouth went dry at the sight in front of him– his magnificent mate wore Nico's mark proudly on his neck and despite the shower he had taken, still smelled of his other half. Nico's cheeks burnt at the thought of how his mate had taken him last night. Nico had moaned and mewled under his mates glorious body as they had truly become one.

Nox lifted Nico's chin in the palm of his hand and gave him a long kiss. "Good morning, mate. How are you feeling?"

Nico stared at his mate's mouth and knew his pupils would dilate. "Ready for you, mate."

He heard Nox's breath hitch, which was then quickly replaced with a crooked grin. "As much as I loved being called 'Goddess' most of the morning and night, I don't think the deity would appreciate me stealing her name again." He said with a smirk. Nico blushed down to his toes. Had he really been yelling that?! He looked down to their tangled hands, mortified.

"Don't be ashamed, mate. I loved every moment of being with you and I can't wait to spend our lives together." Nox declared, his pupils wide. Nico climbed over his mate's thighs, hugged his uncovered torso and kissed his chin. Nox kissed Nico's forehead.

*** safe to read onward***

"Before I lose control again, can we get dressed and go see your Alpha? I wanted to get your transfer papers today. Is that ok?" Nox questioned.

Nico knew this would happen. He would have to move to his mate's pack. He had already talked to Alpha about transferring his job to the Suwarrii's pack rehabilitation facility  and leaving his house in Emma's name. "Yes, let me shower and make breakfast for us." Nico replied.

Nico and Nox held hands as they entered the Alpha and Luna's office. They congratulated Nico and Nox on their mating. When Nox discussed the transfer of Nico into Suwarrii, Luna cried when she heard Nico was leaving. She knew he would have to go but didn't want to accept the fact that her 'baby' was moving away. She quickly called Mr and Mrs Levi on the phone to discuss Nico's decision and they arrived within fifteen minutes with Sarah and Emma in tow (Emma had been sleeping at Mrs Levi's to give the mates time alone). After a long discussion, it was finalized that Nico would move to the Suwarris as per his wish and Emma would move (if she wanted) when she finished university.

Alpha and Luna wanted to throw a feast in honor of Nico and Nox's mating and also as a farewell. Nico insisted that that was not necessary and that he would like to leave with his mate to settle down in their home at Suwariis as early as possible since his mate had duty to his Alpha and pack and had been away from home for a long time. He requested Alpha to please allow Emma to visit him as many times as she wanted whenever she came home from the university and he approved.

Saying farewell to the people who had  brought him up and cared for him as real parents was an especially difficult task for Nico. His heart almost shattered a second time when he hugged Emma and his still pregnant bestfriend, Sarah goodbye. With tears flowing down his cheeks, he packed away his life into Nox's truck and hopped up into the passenger seat. Nox cleaned the streak of tears on Nico's face and rubbed his mate's thigh in comfort as they drove away from Nico's waving family, who became smaller as the distance increased and then disappeared when Nox turned around a corner.

---

Nico and Nox had crossed the river that divided the Diamond pack from the Suwarriis pack in a ferryboat. Nox  carried most of the luggage (despite Nico's insistence) as they dismounted the ferry at the docks. They took a taxi to Nico's new home. Nico watched the roads become narrow and busy as they entered the main city. Large malls and eateries crossed his vision as they traversed the main heart of the Suwarriis pack. The roads became  steep, the murky city air disappeared and was replaced by a crisp breeze that carried the fresh smell of sea.